Gevril gv2 repair

Peladoro

hello all!

I own a gv2 stadium 4009b watch and am new to watch repair. My question is this: does anyone know how to remove the movement (eta 2836-2) from the bloody case? There's a retention ring held by 2 screws that when loosened rotates the ring. There are 2 screws that also secure movement to the ring...but i can't remove the ring nor the screws holding it because it is under the case. The watch appears to be in 2 parts: bezel, glass and inner rim of dial. the actual dial seems to be independent of the former. Not to want to force things do i have to seperate the bezel to remove the movement? no videos on gevril repair so asking here...thanks for any input. I'll attach pics if helps

2 hours ago, Peladoro said:

Rogart63: yes that was my guess as well. Flat display crystal...but how do I seperate the 2? Don't want to force things you know

You don't need to remove the crystal. That sits in the crystal ring.  And that is where you take it apart.  It's probably some kind of gasket in the case. Nylon or rubber?  And it would take some kind of tool to remove and a press tool to press it back again. 

• 3 weeks later...