Ingersoll sealion

Johnnie

Hi Johnnie and Hi alls

Today something came to me from Britain :) sent by a great member here and a real gentleman ... Johnnie.

Johnnie sent me not only an beautiful watch but a complete set with box and guarantee card ... incredible

So le's go to the unboxing pics

IMG_2011.thumb.JPG.90d082a837bd4573e01d5cb041637783.JPG

IMG_2012.thumb.JPG.6655490caa3dbcfe5e37ec4fd1c44ace.JPG

IMG_2013.thumb.JPG.10a49525deeb604e6c9a4204c4bcfcea.JPG

IMG_2014.thumb.JPG.09b8a0ba9caa6f14478abe4e018d1d28.JPG

I couldn't wait to see it ticking so I've set the day, the date and wound it ... and it ticks

So now it's up to me to take care of it ...

- redo some brushing and polish on the case

- polish the crystal

- find a nice strap to put on it

- build a custom new bezel + bezel insert

I'll do my best to make it look as if it was almost new then, of course, I'll enjoy wearing it.

Thank you again Johnnie ... I already love that oldie and I hope it will love the old man wearing it (I was 18 when you bought it)

So I will post here when all the work is finished but it could take weeks or months as making a custom bezel is not that easy.

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2019 at 6:34 PM, Johnnie said:

:)

Hi Johnnie

Sorry for not posting anymore on that thread but the last past weeks my live have been a real mess (too much work).

But I have some good news about that nice Sealion B)

I have sourced a rotating bezel that should fit the case with just some little sanding !!! YES :biggrin:

I'll do that  next week or  the week after and post some pics when done.

Then  I'll have to finish the design of the insert (almost done), print it on a white decal, put it on and protect it with waterproof warnish ... I have found a brand that can be cooked in a kitchen oven and will perfectly do the job.

• 2 months later...

Hi Johnnie [emoji846]
Some good news about the SeaLion.
First is that I have put my hands on a bezel that will fit the case with very few rework.
Second is that I've tested the laser film-free decal method that Mark showed ... it works perfectly on polished metal and is crazy solid so it won't need any lacquer to protect it.
This summer I'll modify and polish the bezel, redo the printing design according to the final dimensions and put it on the bezel.
So now I'm 1000% certain I can achieve that repair [emoji16] ... life is good

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

1 hour ago, manodeoro said:

Hi Johnnie emoji846.png
Some good news about the SeaLion.
First is that I have put my hands on a bezel that will fit the case with very few rework.
Second is that I've tested the laser film-free decal method that Mark showed ... it works perfectly on polished metal and is crazy solid so it won't need any lacquer to protect it.
This summer I'll modify and polish the bezel, redo the printing design according to the final dimensions and put it on the bezel.
So now I'm 1000% certain I can achieve that repair emoji16.png ... life is good

:Bravo: Manodeoro ! I am so pleased for you, I hope it brings you much pleasure. Wear it with my very best wishes:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
:Bravo: Manodeoro ! I am so pleased for you, I hope it brings you much pleasure. Wear it with my very best wishes[emoji3]
BINGO !!!
Johnnie, my friend, just look at this ...
The Ingersoll SeaLion has a bezel that fits perfectly and rotate smoothly.
I still have to remove the existing printing ... I'll use the Dremel as I've tried hand sanding without success
Then I'll print the design on a color laser printer and transfer the toner in my kitchen oven
So there is still some hours to spend on that beauty but the door is definitely open [emoji16] ...life is good and I love watchmaking

e320c122e5f73fb08647251ef4e5cceb.jpg

b844661bd9bddeb4491fe7bc504033f1.jpg

f279a48311abc9294ae9b2a1f1a98895.jpg

37447e41873779b6c9682865a949cc1c.jpg

Hi Manodeoro, :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon::Bravo: The sealion looks superb, well done, you have made an excellent job of making and replacing the missing bezel. I hope it brings you much pleasure my friend :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnnie said:

Hi Manodeoro, :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon::Bravo: The sealion looks superb, well done, you have made an excellent job of making and replacing the missing bezel. I hope it brings you much pleasure my friend :biggrin:

Thanks :)Now I'm strugling to design the toner transfer :wacko: as the bezel is only 4.8mm large ... 

I still have a lot of hours tp spend on that but it's 1000% worthy :wub:

I just hope the laser printer will be able to print those 1.4mm letters and 1.2mm numbers :biggrin:

454527490_INSERTV1.thumb.jpg.fc86cc8d8785d92c79fbc90cd22185ec.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/10/2019 at 6:49 PM, manodeoro said:

BINGO !!!
Johnnie, my friend, just look at this ...
The Ingersoll SeaLion has a bezel that fits perfectly and rotate smoothly.
I still have to remove the existing printing ... I'll use the Dremel as I've tried hand sanding without success
Then I'll print the design on a color laser printer and transfer the toner in my kitchen oven
So there is still some hours to spend on that beauty but the door is definitely open emoji16.png ...life is good and I love watchmaking

e320c122e5f73fb08647251ef4e5cceb.jpg

b844661bd9bddeb4491fe7bc504033f1.jpg

f279a48311abc9294ae9b2a1f1a98895.jpg

37447e41873779b6c9682865a949cc1c.jpg

Hi Manodeoro, all I can do is wish you all the best ! :biggrin:

• 5 months later...

Hi Johnnie,

I've been off of watmaking for a few months because if personal problems but I'm back here ... so I just want you to see something that could be nice ...
I still need to find a way to have no parts of the printing missing but it seems I'm on the right way to get a bezel back on the Sealion [emoji6]

01039fa6bc3c56551415ccbd1a5fbf68.jpg

58 minutes ago, manodeoro said:

Hi Johnnie,

I've been off of watmaking for a few months because if personal problems but I'm back here ... so I just want you to see something that could be nice ...
I still need to find a way to have no parts of the printing missing but it seems I'm on the right way to get a bezel back on the Sealion emoji6.png

01039fa6bc3c56551415ccbd1a5fbf68.jpg

Hi Manodeoro, you are nearly there ! :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

• 4 months later...
Thinking about it, with bits of print missing it looks quite genuine [emoji3]
Hi Johnnie ... Hope you and you family are OK and have not been infected by Covid-19 ...
I just wanted to show you what finally on my wrist ...

949e3186b239b2200197938dcdd72a36.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hi Manodeoro[emoji3] Well done ! I am so pleased how it turned out, I hope you wear it in good health.:Bravo:
Hi Johnnie ... I definitely love that watch and will wear it a lot, in good health and proudly ...
It's ben a long and challenging journey to put it on my wrist but 1000% worthy ...
Thanks again [emoji106]