Date ring e clip size NH36, 7S26 etc

12 hours ago, TexasDon said:

I can find the correct part number for the retaining ring for the day wheel on a Seiko 7S26 or 7S36 movement but not the actual size. Does anyone happen to know what it is? 

Texas Don

Can you post the link and I'll try and help you.

The part number is contained in the movement parts list which I found in a number of places on-line. Thank you for the offer of help. The part number is 0963300 which is common to both of the movements. My reason for seeking out a part is not because I currently need one but because I wish to properly prepare for modding my SKX007 with a new movement. Yes, I've decided to keep it and upgrade it. Let me heirs (hopefully far in the future) worry about disposing of my watches. 

Hopefully, I won't lose or damage the clip when I remove and reinstall it as I exchange the day wheels. That said, I have a long and rich history of doing just that. I remove such items inside a plastic baggie if possible just to keep them under some sort of control. I'm not always successful so in addition to acquiring a NH36 movement, I'm also going to have a good idea where to find the e-clip should I need one. 

Breaking out my calipers may indeed be the correct route as I have no idea what the correct size is, except it's very small. I can't help but wonder if SII would make such a part in house or purchase it as a standard, off the shelf hardware item. If so, it should be available somewhere other than through Seiko. 

• Like 1