Generale Ressorts Mainspring USA Supplier

Wdc

Can anyone tell me who the USA supplier for GR springs are?

I am trying to find a mainspring for Seiko 6139 which of coarse are discontinued. 

I have found a GR chart and matched the demention to a GR8 code and now looking for a supplier. 

MS INFO

Seiko 6139 A/B mainspring measurements Type: X (Auto - welded brae spring) Length: 425mm Width: 1.03mm Thickness: 0.12mm Barrel ID: 11.mm Strength: ? Based on measurements ( GR Code: RA1S04958, GR Ref:: 2534-X 

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Ebay have that spring. The only address I can find is this, but I don't think it is any help.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-6138-6139-Mainspring-Genuine-Seiko-Nos-/401633663307

http://automotiveoem.com/GR-Spring-and-Stamping-Inc_10839

Thanks for your input. I have been following the springs offered by schillachi61 and will use him as a backstop. I'm not in a  bind on this one as I had a spair,  just looking to replace it. BTW, there is some good info in his sale. It appears the following models use the same MS "Seiko 6105, 6306, 6309, 6117, 6106, 6119, 6118, 6319, Mainspring"  PN 414615. The 6139, 6138 Seiko BOM calls for PN 414616, but he claims it works and I assume it's the same.

After watching @Mark video on measuring and ID'ing a MS using a the GR catalog, I was able to find the catalog online and find the GR code. Now, with the code (GR Code: RA1S04958, GR Ref:: 2534-X) who supplies GR spings by code number?

I would think valume repair shops are going somewhere to order MS by dimensions & config. The difference in cost would be $3-5 vs $30.

Thanks again 

Edited by Wdc

• 3 weeks later...

I have never found a MS on CousinUK using their search feature.  Yesterday, I was looking up a MS for a cheap  Gruen and entered the measurements I made and got nothing.  I even fooled around with some of the measurements hoping for a hit.  Have I gotten a bad url or does COusinsUK just hate me?

RMD

19 hours ago, StuartBaker104 said:

Cousins probably just took a dislike to you. Don’t take it personally :D

I usually enter the bare minimum of information, i.e. height and end type and see if any of the results are workable

That's probably good advice.  I have probably been too specific with my searches.

Thanks,

RMD

Just throw this in- I order direct from GR as a "manufacturer" but it's the same deal for guys I know who order as repair shops; the springs are about 25 bucks straight from them. If you find cheaper these days it's old stock from suppliers who didn't adjust their prices or don't replenish their stock. I remember fondly the days of 7 dollar mainsprings.

I don't know if this would help but I have ordered the exact mainspring -- for Seiko 6309A movements -- from cousinsuk.com . I'm also from Norcal but have found that none of the US vendors use GR codes and their websites are extremely hard to navigate when ordering parts. With Cousins, I just type in "GR2534X" in the search box and they will show you the item listing. I usually order a bunch of mainsprings to save on overseas shipping (it takes about 7-10 days to reach the US and clear customs, which is quite fast).