Waltham 1879 jewel replacement

Hi All

I've an 11 jewel 1879 Waltham pocket watch with very old and pitted jewels, particularly 4th and escape wheel. They've caused a bit of uneven wear on the pivots so I'm getting wavey traces on the timegrapher. I've polished the pivots and this has improved the situation a fair bit, but would really like to replace the old jewels.

Now, as they are held in chatons, is there any way of purchasing replacement jewels complete in the chatons? I had assumed since Waltham made bajillions of watches that spares for the jewels in chatons would be simple to find, but I'm buggered if I can! 

Am just I going to have to try and put replacement jewels in the existing chatons? 

I'm just a hobbyist, but am a bit of a perfectionist so would like to get the watch running as well as I can. She's a lovely heavy size 18. 

Next watch I'm on to is an accutron space view... A bit of a different beast! 

Cheers in advance guys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. 

I found the parts section on that site, (finally!) but I can't find prices for jewels in their chatons listed. 

Do you guys know a good place for vintage spares othe than trawling ebay? 

I'm in UK BTW so nowhere near as many opportunities to pick up stuff from flea markets etc as there would be in the States. 

Cheers.