Reducing Cannon Pinion Clutching Pressure

Hi , Connection problem, so preveois post was short.

If you are talking of excessive friction between canon pinion and it's  driver wheel, normally no more than  oiling ( tiniest bit)  should do, however, if the tube section of canon pinion is sqeezed /damaged so much to make contact/friction  from inside of the tube, I would vote for replacement. Plenty of eta 2836 parts on various sites.

Regards joe

The tube of the pinion isn’t damaged but it seems to be excessively tight where it is attached to the driver wheel. It is so tight that the minute wheel will pop off if I attempt to use the setting wheel.

I will take the whole assemble off and see what I can see when I get the time.

Thank you for your considered input. It is appreciated.

I wonder if there is maybe a build up of oil oil or corrosion in there. You could try polishing it with an abrasive like autosol or brasso and then thoroughly cleaning before lubricating again. Or just buy a new part for £5. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Joe

I took it out and it was full of crap. I cleaned it and put some grease on it and it eased it a lot. I am cleaning it again and I will grease it again and put it back and see how it goes but it turns MUCH more easily now than it did before.

It took a x15 loupe to see all the filth!

Dave