Balance regulator split-ring attachment

Wdc

Any advice before I jump-in to reattach this regulator to the balance cock. I see it is split on the end and I assume you start at one end and work your way around with a screwdriver or the likes, levering it into the groove.

My concern looking at the width of the split-ring is that it is not going to have much give in the direction needed to open the ring.  

May be overthinking this, but thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance, Will

PS: I should probably remove the hairspring from the regulator to make sure there are no kinks in the spring. It was banged around a lot by a dis-attached oscillating weight in the case.

20181204_083552.jpg

Hi 

Yes loosen the screw on the H/S stud, remove the stuud/ HS/ balance assembly.

You can get half of the regulator split ring placed in groove or more than half as much as you can then place the regulator and cock in the midle section of your tweezers, using the tweezers as a press, press on both side of the tweezers to press the other half of the splig ring into the groove.the split will open just enough to let the reg ring slip into the groove. If need be I can post some pix, let me know, give me time to produce the pix. 

Regards joe.

• Thanks 1

Cal. 6139 Seiko , Balance Jewel

Another issue I will need to deal with here is the missing balance pivot top jewel assembly. As you can see from the photo above it is missing from the balance cock. Looking though the Seiko parts schematic I am not seeing a reference to the jewel only the cock.

I am going to need some help if I need to order a generic jewel ASSY. Does anyone know if Mark has addressed this in one of his videos? And if so which one?

PS; I was thinking to buy a new balance cock but what I have found on eBay is NOS and same as I have, no jewel.

15 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Hi 

Yes loosen the screw on the H/S stud, remove the stuud/ HS/ balance assembly.

You can get half of the regulator split ring placed in groove or more than half as much as you can then place the regulator and cock in the midle section of your tweezers, using the tweezers as a press, press on both side of the tweezers to press the other half of the splig ring into the groove.the split will open just enough to let the reg ring slip into the groove. If need be I can post some pix, let me know, give me time to produce the pix. 

Regards joe.

Thank you helpful! 

I should be able to get without further help. Using the tweezer center as a press to keep the ring from bending makes perfect since. Thanks again

Edited by Wdc

Hi

The problem with seiko is, genunie balance completes are nearly extinct. plenty of indian made ones which are no good.

Getting a used incomplate movement for parts seems your best bet. 

Best is to source one locally or at least domestically and save on shipping, insurance etc. 

Regards joe.

I'm a bit confused by your picture? I see the stud holder but where's the regulator?

Then the tech sheet can be a bit confusing? So it looks like you need the upper frame assembly, The hole jewel, the cap jewel and the spring. Fortunately it looks like the base caliber for this watch is   6106 a so that's quite common so finding the entire jewel assembly shouldn't really be that hard.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Seiko_6139A

top.JPG

Seiko jewel assembly.JPG

Seiko d.JPG

Thanks for that. Likely I am using the wrong thermology.

As for the regulator it is still attached to the HS/Balance. Now there could be more to it but this is the part I am seeing in the Seiko BOM, PN 345612. Also found the Reg on eBay photo directly below.

Regarding the Jewel/cap/spring latch it is not shown as part of the balance cock in the BOM or in a NOS found on eBay (second photo).  As you have enlightened me this is the Diashock ASSY and that’s what I should probably be looking for.

OK, closer look at the BOM, I see a Diafix i.e. frame, cap, spring with the part numbers. I will start a search using these names and PN.

Thank you, I think this is the right direction,

Will

Seiko watch cal. 6139 REGULATOR.jpg

6139A +B Balance cock.jpg

Thanks to all, 

I have been able to find all the Daishock ASSY parts new stock in the UK. There is likely a US supplier but this was the first to come up and reasonably priced. 

http://mehima-singh.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1746 

Also good to learn that "That you can take from any 6 series seiko". 

Edited by Wdc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wdc said:

Thanks to all, 

I have been able to find all the Daishock ASSY parts new stock in the UK. There is likely a US supplier but this was the first to come up and reasonably priced. 

http://mehima-singh.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1746 

Also good to learn that "That you can take from any 6 series seiko". 

That is a Swedish guy  not UK .