Asian 2836 pushed to hard on the stem removal button

OLLOPLO

The reason the winding pinion is round is that the movement isn't winding the mainspring whilst doing other things on the watch like setting time, day and date. 
I took some minutes and tore down a movement to show what to look after and how to rebuild the keyless work.
The first picture shows the parts for you, to think about here is that the clutch goes in the right way, The straight cut gears should point towards the motion works, the winding pinion should have the angled gears towards the motion work too.
The clutch lever is placed into the grove in the clutch. If mounted as in the picture you should be okay.

In picture 2 the spring pops into place, just be sure it is installed correctly otherwise the winding action might feel a bit of.
Hope this helps....

Clutch.jpg

Spring.jpg

On the ETA version which I am working on the winding pinion is rotating when you have the stem pushed into the inner position. Then it is winding your mainspring. Hence the name. I would be very surprised if it did not do that on the clone too. 

The only time the winding would not work is if you haven't enough force on the clutch to grip into the winding pinion. 
Of course a missing  crown wheel, broken click spring, and a broken mainspring would do it too but as I understand it you just removed the key less work to fix the release button issue.

The force to grip the pinion wheel comes from the spring in the part you marked 3 in your photo. The spring part has to be adjusted slightly into position after loosening it to get the spring action to the clutch lever.
It is what you see in my third picture.

Here is where the trick with the day/date happens. When you take it to the middle position you can see the small intermediate wheel jump into a other position, now you should be able to set the date since the wheel now is running the gear beside it. In the most outer position you can see the small wheel moved again and now you should be able to set the time.
 in the two latter positions the winding pinion stands still. You can see the gears in the picture above, I have taken away the bridge plate so one can see.

daydate.jpg

oops just realized I by mistake took an ETA2824-2 for the picture above.. well it's almost the same except it misses the gears for the day setting, winding the stem on yours clockwise should set the date and anti clockwise the day..

OK, so my problem is another story : )

At the moment I finished the work on my 2836, put the watch in the watch mover and let that make the work.

Anyway when I have time and open the movement again I´ll place that in the forum and I will work on the winding problem.

Thanks so far ; )

Even if the video is a little shaky one almost can see that the setting lever jumper (no:3 in your picture) isn't working as it should, it rises a little bit when going into winding position (Pos 1)
indicating there is something wrong there.
If you fix the spring action in this area, which probably got a little bit offset from the little to hard push on the setting lever (it holds the winding pin).
So dismantle everything again and carefully bend the setting lever jumper so it gets slightly nearer the main plate.
Make sure the grove in the winding pin is aligned with the little heel in the setting lever. 
Make sure the yoke is correctly placed in the clutch (sliding pinion) grove.
Make sure the setting lever jumper is correctly in position.
Make sure the spring on the setting lever jumper is pushing on the yoke.

Keyless_2.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:08 AM, OLLOPLO said:

I made a new video.... you still think its the setting lever jumper ?

From the video you can see the yoke isn't moving at all, this indicates it might have jumped out from the groove in the sliding pinion and that is why there is no spring action when you put it in the Winding position. 

• Like 1