Asian 2836 pushed to hard on the stem removal button

OLLOPLO

Hi,

I had to fix a hand and I obviously pushed the stem release button too deep : (

The stem doesn´t click in and I cannot change time, date and gmt anymore or wind it up.

I found some articles in the web talking about the keyless hacking problem.

Did someone manage to repair that problem ?

If yes, are there any good repair tutorials on the web.

Any help appreciated

Thanks 

Oliver

Don't feel bad, happens even on the Swiss made ones. It helps if you pull out the crown to the handsetting position before depressing the plunger. You need to use a screwdriver where the width is the same as the slot across the plunger.

When installing the crown/stem, press on the plunger and insert.

Anilv

Like anvil says, should push with screwdriver width same as slot.

Refer to posting     Tudor/Eta 2750 stem    To see my drawings for safe stem removal.

As for now,  open the page  eternaltools.com , shows name and pic of parts.

1.lift the hour wheel

2 unscrew the minute train bridge ( one large scerw) and remove the minute train cover.

You can then remove the date  ring plate. Take extra care date ring bends easy.

Take pic at each stags of strip down helps the reinstallation.

Good luck pal.

Thanks for your help

Got it all going but when I deatched the big plate the small keyless part came with it, now I´m a bit 

struggling how to reassemble the movement. Is the position of 1 and 2 correct, maybe 2 holds the stem gear ?

Anyone did this job and knows what to care for?

Thanks

lTToo.jpg

Thank you very much, that video worked out for me !! : )

I could finish the watch and it is working.

My only problem is the stem does not stay in the watch. 

Seems I distorted soome plates that hold the stem ; (

But for now I´m very confident.

kind regards

Oliver

On 12/4/2018 at 5:34 PM, Nucejoe said:

Like anvil says, should push with screwdriver width same as slot.

Refer to posting     Tudor/Eta 2750 stem    To see my drawings for safe stem removal.

As for now,  open the page  eternaltools.com , shows name and pic of parts.

1.lift the hour wheel

2 unscrew the minute train bridge ( one large scerw) and remove the minute train cover.

You can then remove the date  ring plate. Take extra care date ring bends easy.

Take pic at each stags of strip down helps the reinstallation.

Good luck pal.

If you took pix at each stage of strip down, show the pix so fault be shown to you.

Regards joe

Hi Jaycey,

I think that is my problem, In my case there is only a hole, so I pushed that pin out forever and that is why my stem doesn`t stay in the movement. Do you think that can be corrected, ie. I can get a spare part for the pin ? or is there a workaround ?

Thank you very much for your support

Oliver

22 hours ago, Watchtime said:

nice try, you probably damaged the releasebutton so it is now stuck and the release will not return to its original position.

Yes seems I pressed it through, as I can see through the hole : (

is this issue reparable or can I kick the movement in the garbage now ?

thanks

Oliver

Yes, it’s the part you are pressing on to remove the stem.

It should have 2 pins on one side, one larger than the other.
The larger pin is the stem release button. The smaller pin locates into the groove in the stem.
There is a third small pin on the other side that engages with the large plate (setting lever spring) this gives you the 3 setting positions, winding, date set & hand set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks, 

I could fix the lossen stem problem, the stem is hold by the keyless works no problem.

Position C ( time setting ) works quite good , date is changing as well and movement stops.

Postion B ( GMT & Date ) does not work

Position A ( winding ) does not work.

I got to find schematics or  learn to understand what happens in the several positions

Well its a hard way to perfection : )

After connecting the Yoke spring to the settings lever 

gmt/date / time setting work now like a charm.

only winding does not work or it is so subtle I don´t see and hear it.

I may have to buy a new winding pinion.

This never rotates with the stem, or maybe its on the backside of the movement ?

kind regards to all supporters

happy Oliver

Anyone knows a video where I can see what happens when a winding the movement through the winding pinion.

Does the winding pinion rotate in that position ( in my case it never rotates ? )

It worked when I first opened the movement but now I may have disconnected someting else on the backside of the movement ?

kind regards

Oliver

A square stem into the square hole of the winding pinion and the winding pinion does not rotate when the stem is wound means only one of two things.

Most probable; the square hole in the winding pinion is rounded off.
New winding pinion required.

Not probable; The stem is rounded off.
New stem required.

9 minutes ago, jaycey said:

A square stem into the square hole of the winding pinion and the winding pinion does not rotate when the stem is wound means only one of two things.

Most probable; the square hole in the winding pinion is rounded off.
New winding pinion required.

Not probable; The stem is rounded off.
New stem required.

Thank you very much !!!

So the winding pinion does rotate when the stem/crown is in the 1st position full in ?

Thats what I expected,  I found one here but I can barely see that it has a square hole.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Generic-Winding-pinion-410-for-ETA-2824-2-2836-2-2834-2/221450511596?hash=item338f7aa4ec:g:ZQMAAMXQuCdThVq8:rk:1:pf:0

kind regards

Oliver

Edited by OLLOPLO

"So the winding pinion does rotate when the stem/crown is in the 1st position full in ?

Thats what I expected,  I found one here but I can barely see that it has a square hole."

hmm the Winding pinion usually has a round hole but the clutch has a square..
The teeth of the cluch makes the Winding pinion rotate when they meet.

The clutch lever pushes the clutch towards the Winding pinion when the set lever is manipulated.
What you have in your link there is the Winding pinion I can be wrong..