martintheone

Vintage Elma Mystery Machine

My great Aunt died a couple years back. She had had been married to a man that owned a jewelry store back in the early 80's. In her estate was a number of great treasures and even literal gems.  After the estate sale not much was left, but I did end up with what Ive deduced to be a Vintage Elma watch parts cleaner.  And that is about as much as I have been able to figure out. None of the searches I've performed on the internet have returned with the exact model that I have. Not even an image... Similar , yes. The same . no. ..

I don't have a clue as to how to operate any watch parts cleaner, much less one with minimal text (german) to clue one in on function of switches and dials. So, I can't verify it is in working order. I did notice that the plug had a short in it so I replaced that, Plugged it in and a light above the switch lights up after being flipped, but again end of my road of investigation... So basically, I would really appreciate any information at all about this machine

IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1488.JPG

You turn it on by the switch. The big dial in the centre you set for minutes you want it to spin in each jar, if working properly when the time is up a bell should ring. You lift the centre rod up in the middle that’s attached to the basket and lift it to spin off.  Release the handle on the main shaft and lift, move the basket to the next jar and repeat. You can change the time to however many minutes you want. I cannot remember if the heater warms up automatically or if it needs to be switched on.

Here is Marks video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtQhRKPgjY4

Here is a photo of what you have.  

ELMA Super Elite Cleaning Machine Img 01.jpg

Similar yes, but again, not the same.  If you look carefully at the top of the last picture I posted, you can see the bottom of an additional apparatus, And The whole thing rest on an additional carousal... I'll post more pictures in a bit. Thanks all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By east3rn
      Hello watchmakers!
      Now I am working on a vintage bifora movement, Bifora Cal.812.
      I have ruined the hairspring while trying to fix the position of it on the balance wheel to 
      adjust the bit error. I am searching for the balance complete or just the hairspring on ebay and other 
      suppliers but I haven't been lucky. May be I need other keywords for my search.
      Could anyone help me find the part I need??
      Thanks!

• By east3rn
      Hello. 
      I am working on this  vintage A.Schild movement and a jewel on the wheel bridge.
      It is a jewel for the 3rd wheel but is cracked so needs replacement.
      I measured the outer and inner diameter and they are 1.2mm and 0.17mm respectively.
      Could any one help me find the replacement for this jewel??
      I am always grateful for your help.

• By east3rn
      Hello. Dear watchmakers.
      I have a very old timepiece from Rolex that I am about to work on..
      From googling, I found out that this is called "trench watch" that might had been used during WWI or any other war in that era ( 1910~1920)
      However, I could not figure out the reference no. of the movement. All I know about the movement is that it is 29mm in diameter and has 15 jewels.
      I am actually looking for a replacement movement for this watch since the mainspring must be replaced due to damage.
      Plus, I am also looking for the rachet wheel with "Rolex" engraved to replace the existing one.
      I have found similar movements on the web(the third photo added)  but click part was not the same.
      I wonder if the one with different type of click would have parts that are replaceable.
      To sum up, my questions are
      1) the reference of the movement.
      2) how I can get parts or the whole movement for replacement
      3) does a movement with different click type would be suitable for replacement.
      Thanks and  I wish you a great day.

• By east3rn
      Hello.
      I am now working on a vintage "trench watch" movement from 1910s that I mentioned before with a question regarding identification of the movement.
      (I still haven't got the exact ref. of the movement.)
      As I was disassembling the movement, my screwdriver slipped and broke one of the parts that function as a spring for the click.
      I tried looking for replacement but I am not sure what I should look for.
      Also, one of the jewels on the  wheel bridge is broken so I need a jewel as well. 
      Could anyone advice me on how to find the correct part for click spring and the jewel for the wheel bridge??
      **Could the click spring be put back together??
      Thanks. You are always of great help.

• By east3rn
      Hello. I am working on a vintage piece but I could not find the name(ref no.) of the movement.
      Could anyone tell me the name of this movement?? All I know is that it has "AS" written on the mainplate.
      Thanks!