• Similar Content

• By east3rn
      Hello dear watchmakers. 
      I am about to work on a Civis vintage watch from Germany.
      The case of the watch looks like a typical watch case with a snap-off back.
      However, the crown and stem won't come out of the case and what seems like an inner casing is actually part of the case.
      Frustrated, I turned the watch over to find any opening on the bezel but it is also a part of the case.
      How could I get the movement out of the case?? Any advice would be a great help. 
      Thank you.

• By rduckwor
      Most of my learning efforts are on old, vintage movements; some in great shape, some not so much.  I often find a screw or two that are stuck tight.  Not rusted, just "aged-in-place"  I try typically to put a drop of 9010 on the back side of the screw hole and let them sit and soak.  Sometimes this works well.  I gently heat them by moving my work light close to the movement and allow them to cool which may help move lubricant into the threads.

When this doesn't work, I'm stuck (no pun intended).  Have you a method that also help loosen these old screws up?  If so, please share it.

Thanks,

RMD

• By east3rn
      Hello dear watch repairers.
      I am working on a Bifora 910 manual wind movement.
      The movement was cleaned and oiled yesterday and I have been testing the performance.
      I noticed that when the watch is fully wound, the amplitude reaches somewhere above 300 and rate gets super high.
      However after about 5 minutes, both amplitude and rate plunge to a very low state.
      I thought mainspring was the reason so I took the barrel out, cleaned the mainspring and applied 8200 oil again only to get the similar result.
      What do you think is the problem and what can be done??
      I am always thankful for your help.

this is when fully wound

After 5 minutes
    • By east3rn
      Hello dear watch repairers.
      I am disassembling a vintage citizen caliber 0200.
      It is a manual wind caliber with 21 jewels.
      I usually do not have much problem disassembling simple movement like this.
      However, the rachet wheel screw is very stiff and won't move at all.
      I tried to unscrew it anti-clockwise with nicely fitting screwdriver but it is stuck.
      Actually I have an bad experience with a citizen movement like this before.
      It was cal.1801, very similar to 0200 and only difference was the date function. 
      I had same issue with the rachet wheel screw and I ended up breaking the screw. The head part of the screw came apart.
      Is this a typical issue with citizen calibers?? or am I doing it wrong??
      Please help me out!

caliber 0200.

• By east3rn
      Hello dear watchmakers. 
      Last week, I was lucky enough to get my self a beautiful vintage Seiko chronograph watch with 7015 movement.
      The overall condition looked great so I did not expect any problem with the watch.
      However, over the last few days, I noticed that this watch stops around 1~2am when the day disk moves to the next day. 
      At first, I thought there was no residual power in the mainspring but the watch won't start after being shaken for some time.
      It runs well and keeps good timing after I move the day disk manually by adjusting hands by crown till the next night around 1 am.
      Could you please give me any ideas on this issue?? I really love this watch and want to make this watch perfectly functional. Thank you.
      I put some photo of the watch and what timegrapher tells