Rack and snail and cam question

transporter

Westminster 3 train clock, been a long project, question is, if I set the long lobe on the centre cam towards 12 and the locking plate locked for the hour chime and strike, at the hour strike position,  would I then have the snail cam with the 12 o’clock mark also facing the 12 o’clock position? 

If this is correct then the chimes and strike should be in time am I correct? Apologies for question but I’m up against it with this one chaps, cheers .

The lobes/cams you are referring too are at different heights with the hour cam giving the highest lift triggering not only the full Westminster chime but creating a warning for the hour strike. The set up I use is I don't fit the hands until I know where the sequence of the clock is. I count the strikes ie 1/4,1/2,3/4 & full chime. When movement is in full Westminster chime mode it should then give the hour chime. Once happy with this then I fit the hour & minute hands to the appropriate hour. 

Oldhippy is the best with these I am sure he will chime in soon.