2824 21,000 bph

AP1875

I’m a bit puzzled, I bought a 2824 off eBay ($30) and when I received it I placed it on the timegrapher. I was expecting 28,000 bph but it’s running at 21,000... so it’s not actually a 2824, although it’s the same layout. Any ideas what this movement is with the lower beat rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a bit puzzled, I bought a 2824 off eBay ($30) and when I received it I placed it on the timegrapher. I was expecting 28,000 bph but it’s running at 21,000... so it’s not actually a 2824, although it’s the same layout. Any ideas what this movement is with the lower beat rate?

Have you not watched Mark’s videos?! You’re on his website :) anyway he talks about this and the fact that it’s a cheap clone. You get what you pay for.

Have you not watched Mark’s videos?! You’re on his website smile.png anyway he talks about this and the fact that it’s a cheap clone. You get what you pay for.

Yes, I’m not concerned and realise you get what you pay for. Usually they try and replicate a genuine movement. It’s not a 2824 so what have I paid for? 2846, 2840,2842?

I obviously realise it’s not a genuine eta movement but I’ve not seen a low beat movement in this layout before so wondering which version it could be a clone of

Swatch produces eta in Asia. All inferior to swiss made:, but not neccassrily junk.

Posting a HD close up of your piece, helps, may answer your question.

Also posting on  RWG forum, thery are good with repls, you are likely to get a better assessment  there.

Regards joe

• Like 1