Seagull ST2130 help

jpmarxjp

So as excited as I was to get into building my own watch I seem to have made the rookie mistake of getting the keyless works lever pin stuck on my ETA 2824 clone. Having watched Mark's video wherein he repairs a Breitling 2824 I thought it would be a simple fix but I cannot seem to get the screws on the rear or dial side undone except for the rotor screw. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried a horotec 1.2 and 1.0mm screwdriver but both seem to slip, maybe I'm not applying enough downward force onto the screw?

Any input is massively helpful to someone as new as me!

Thanks,

JP

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hmm I might try sharpening them with a wet stone but assumed they would be sharp enough brand new

Could the screw driver tips be too blunt?they may be of correct width, but not "sharp" enough to engage the screw slots.

Once you've checked your screwdriver blades to ensure they're square and sharp try this technique for holding the screwdriver when it comes to a stubborn screw...

Assuming you're right handed then with your right hand hold near the blade end with your thumb and fourth finger whilst having downwards pressure with your forefinger. This is now a steady 'platform' for seating the screwdriver on the screw and applying appropriate solid downward force too. Now with your left hand twist the screwdriver.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for not responding, I use Tapatalk on mobile and it doesn't seem to give notifications... I managed to sort it by sharpening the blades a bit and a bit more pressure resulted in all of them coming loose pretty easily and I managed to fix the keyless works! The yoke had slipped out too so I simply reinstalled the parts using Mark's latest video as a guided and everything seems to be going well! Thank you all for the suggestions :)