Is anyone familiar with this company called Stefan?

Wdc

Seiko 6139 mainspring supplier

Is anyone familiar with this company called Stefan? I am assuming they are a watch part supply house but have searched the internet and nothing coming up. The lead came from a post on another site chronicling someone else’s search and solution (printed below) seeking a Seiko 6139 mainspring.

I would like to pick up some mainsprings for a Seiko 6139, 6138 movement (same PN). Just used my last spare, plus would prefer new MS.

I see a guy in the UK with 8ea PN 401615 but they are pushing $40 landed and I would like to pick up 4-5. My gut they will be cheaper from a supplier.

Thanks in advance

POST QUOTE

Seiko 6139B mainspring

Can anyone help re replacement mainspring for Cal 6139B (17J) as originals seem unobtainable. Seiko part no 401616, barrel+arbor assy 205613, arbor 213612. The barrel/arbor have same Seiko no for Cal 6106A (base cal for 6139B) as well as 6106B (also 6139A) but the mainspring is 401615 (which I can source). How does the 401616 differ from the 401615 as they appear to fit into the same barrel/arbor assy? I have measured the old spring (401616) (the slipping attachment has broken off)…,

Results

Got new 401615 spring from Stefan and measured all I could without removing from holder. All dimensions appear to be same as 401616 but no details if different material (ie stronger/weaker which may effect power reserve and/or functionality). As the barrel was not 100% I decided to buy a new barre/arbor assy (205613) from Stefan, which again measures same as old one as expected as same part number. Have now fitted mainspring to barrel with some Moebius 8217 grease to the barrel wall.

Image below down to my last spare. You can see the bottom spring the the autowind slip tab broken off  end of spring. If there is a proper term/name for this tab, by all means, please advice.  

20181129_065904.jpg

I'm guessing Stefan is a well known seller of vintage Seiko parts. He's on a couple of the forums under the name Seikochrono or schillachi61. He sells on eBay under the name schillachi61. He often has parts he hasn't listed on eBay so shoot him a message with a specific request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost bought a Lot of 30 working  seiko 61**  movement for less than $ 38 a piece but called the deal off, as I was told the balance completes on them is unlikely to be genuine seiko.

The seller, a used watch and parts dealer is old timer, upon reimburseing my money he insisted those are good grades of seiko replacement balances on the movements which means there also exist low grades. 

A friend well experience seiko repairer called the indian and pakistan made ones junk.

Renata made spare balances for seiko, I imagine that is good grade.

Regards joe

Ironically when I went back to look at the seller of the UK 401615 mainsprings I found it was ”schillachi61” with 1390 items listed on his store. Great investigative work, thank you again @tritto & all.

Of course it does not solve my problem of the $39 landed cost for a MS. I recently watch a video of Marks about how to identify and purchase a mainspring, think I better revisit it, lol.

• Like 1

I’ve just bought and installed a new mainspring in a Seiko 7016 that I’m 3/4 through rebuilding. Bought a new one from Cousins after measuring the old one. Was a bit of a pig to install but got there in the end, hope it’s worth it once I get the rebuild finished and get it on the timer.

And yes, Stefan is a good guy and has lots of stuff. Another good ebayer to try is called speedtimerkollection as he has lots of stuff too. Of course, all of these guys want to make a profit and with the strength of the Vintage Seiko Community (of which I’m part) they easily achieve this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used the 401615 spring (from stefan) in my 6139B having also had the slipping part break off. 

You may find some info from me on this forum and also there is stuff on the Seiko forum (unfriendly lot though!!).  My 6139-6002 (Pogue) seems to run well and keeps good time although the amplitude was a little lower than commonly found but this is not unusual for Seiko.

I have used the 401615 spring (from stefan) in my 6139B having also had the slipping part break off. 

You may find some info from me on this forum and also there is stuff on the Seiko forum (unfriendly lot though!!).  My 6139-6002 (Pogue) seems to run well and keeps good time although the amplitude was a little lower than commonly found but this is not unusual for Seiko.

Which Seiko forum is that [mention=272]canthus[/mention]? The ones I’m on most of the time are really friendly places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1