Timex case..

HSL

Today I decided to do a restore by lottery, first the traditional blindfold and a fast mix with the tombola wheel.
Voilà the long lost TIMEX box gets chosen, well on with the blindfold on again I choose which movement to practice on.
Obviously it will be an 34320-10880 diver with a missing Bezel. Case back comes off with traditional rubber sealing hanging from it, swoosh the rotor gets air born and it seems to be a walk in the park.
But that is how far I got, usually there is a spring holding the movement and dial in place in the case.. no matter how I turn and try to find such a device I cant see it anywhere.
So humbled by this experience I have to ask advice from the TIMEX professionals on how to remove this movement, do I remove the Chrystal and tear it out from the top or is there a swifter way?

TIMEX_FACE.jpg

TIMEX_BACK.jpg

Looks like there are four tabs holding it to the dial at about 1,5, 7, and 11 o'clock. On the Timexes I've worked on, gently straightening those will free the movement from the dial, leaving the center wheel and hands behind. I've only worked on a few though, so don't take this as gospel!

QH

well it looks like you figured out that is an out the front case.  actually that case is used for both manual and automatic movements.

Each would have a different case back.  Good luck with the repair, if you need the stem crown I may have one.

Thank you for the offer JerseyMo but I had both the stem and crown.
Now everything is clean and oiled and back in place, gave me a surprisingly  tough match to get it running with a strong clean beat.
And no I didn't polish the glass, I cheated with a new one.
If someone would have a fitting bezel i might have something to swap with....

Timex_Clean.jpg

• Like 1

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Ok thanks Ross, I will give that a try!😁
    • Welcome my friend. 
    • Been there. Worn that Tshirt.  'ping'. Hands and knees. Nothing. Nada. 20 minutes? Ha! I found it 7 month later. How? Well, after advice from a member, I invested in a £4 UV light torch.  Hands and knees looking for a 'ping' from a Sekonda, found them both within 30 seconds. UV makes the jewel shine. easy peasy. Could have taken longer. Just lucky on the location of the search. Hope this helps.
    • Thanks Dell. I thought about silver soldering. Have never done it but would like to give it a go. Do you think to put flux on the butted joint then run the solder in or to maybe brace it with a piece of scrap spring steel?
    • Never and others. Yes, like you I do spend a fair amount of time reading the contents of this forum. I find it better that any other. Clear, lucid, no Prima Donas, and most of all an easy access without adverts. All thanks to Mark. God bless you mate. You give so much to many of us. What if? No Mark? Hypothetically. A forum. I did run a forum for a few years. Really enjoyed it, but became so engrossed that it did affect my health. I gave to to others to run. Not been back. It was very successful and rivalled a number of large paying sites. No adverts, no others but me. I did ask and listen to members comments and it worked well.    Costs Having a domain name, £10 annually.  Register the site with a forum company, free. Build the site using the forum company guide lines, free. It looked and ran almost the same a Mark's. All the same facilities. The cost was only £5 per month, but counted visits (views). If I recall, it was that price for 5,000 views. Each extra 5,000 views increased the price by £2 per month. Success was my own personal undoing. From £5 per month initially, it rose to £60 a month and looked like increasing. This was 10 years ago. I could not afford that, and asked it anyone would like to take over and someone did. I would assume that this is the price that Mark is funding for us all. His return is our continued comments on the internet about his course, and the fact that many of the big names on YouTube mention him as their Tutor. Those of us who have done, and are still using, his course, benefit. In comparison to other courses, I can't believe how cheap it is, and the value is exceptional. It is the structure that gives the value. Long may Mark reign. Ross