Stem doesn't engage back...

Blixen77

My first project based on a 2824-2 clone. I put in and out stem several times but when it seems that the length is the right one when I push the button it doesn't enter.

Maybe pushing it with a tweezer is barbarian and maybe I broke something applying too much pressure? Something I can do without running to a pro crying as a loser? [emoji24]58ea7487302e1d39ca5a536e3cbeb2e9.jpg161f07693d5e0e2a619ab9e1f1f2c460.jpg2cabfc801672a59141cfa1ec55582d7f.jpg

Inviato dal mio LG-H930 utilizzando Tapatalk

Have you tried pushing the little button which, from your pic is just below the crown. Push gently and revolve the stem as you push it in.
Chris I don't understand, there is another button I can try to push to engage the stem? I knew only one that is on the back near the hole...

Inviato dal mio LG-H930 utilizzando Tapatalk

It would be the same one you pushed to release the stem. Sometimes the keyless works (if not lubricated) will not let the stem back in and require some assistance to engage. Failing that I'm afraid its hands and dial of (again?) Is it the right stem??? From your picture the hands look as if they need re setting anyway....Set at 12.00 just as date changes.

Hope this helps

Chris

Hi blixen, this happens often even with genuine eta.

I don,t think you broke anything, keyless is mostly spring.

Eternaltools.com shows parts and thier names, useful for common vovabualary.

Google brings up diagrams of eta movement.

Chris is on the right tract.

Regards joe.

I have no experience of these Chinese clones but I guess they look like the genuine.
So the little button chrisdt talks about sits at the highlighted blue area, pushing it with a small screwdriver releases the winding stem.
When working with waterproof cases with screw down tubes one have to take into account the fact the crown  has a spring loaded tube highlighted in yellow in the other picture. This is what gives the mushy feeling when you try to push  in the stem in place.
Just gently rotate the stem whilst pushing the release button mostly does the trick when inserting the stem again.
And you must of course take that little spring action in the crown into account when measuring up the stem.

2824-2.jpg

Pin.jpg