Landeron 187 Chronograph problem

cduke

Hello,

I am new to watch repair but have had some success thanks to all the smart people on this site.  I have recently cleaned a Landeron 187 chronograph that was not working and now is. However, when the driven wheel off the seconds wheel is engaged and the pivot tightened with the center wheel it slows /stops. With the driving wheel pivot off or with the pivot arm assembly loose,  the watch runs well.  Can someone help me with the adjustment necessary to correct this issue?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Hi C

Pic please, makes working with you easier.

Regards joe

Thanks Joe.  I'm at work now and so I just posted a pic of the movement.  The problem is at the bottom of the image/movement where the center wheel ? or seconds wheel ? is engaged with the driven wheel / wheel arm assembly.  The driven wheel turns freely but when engaged and tightened, it stops the balance assembly.

Landeron_187.jpg

On the most Landeron movements I worked with you could adjust the tension on that wheel by an oval shaped screw in the position showed on the Landeron 149 Movement I had lying around at home.
If you oiled and cleaned it well adjusting slightly on this screw would do the trick.

Landeron149.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hi C

I am not good with parts name, for reference to parts, if you will please go to OldSwissWatches.com to show the part, helpful.

It dose not sound serious, I agree with HSL, most likely just a matter of tension release.

By the way, anyone who likes watches is in love with landeron chrono.

Regards joe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HSL said:

On the most Landeron movements I worked with you could adjust the tension on that wheel by an oval shaped screw in the position showed on the Landeron 149 Movement I had lying around at home.
If you oiled and cleaned it well adjusting slightly on this screw would do the trick.

Landeron149.jpg

Thanks HSL and Joe,

That did the trick!  It is a nice movement on what appears to be a vintage fake Navitimer. It all seems to be quality parts and construction.  However, with this movement, it only has two sub dials which is the giveaway!  I bought it long ago and it never worked.  As I had it in a box, I figured I had nothing to lose.  It does have a strange corrugated wire that runs between the watch case front and the bezel.  The next task is to try and figure out how to reattach the bezel.  I have never seen one like this before.

6 minutes ago, cduke said:

Thanks HSL and Joe,

That did the trick!  It is a nice movement on what appears to be a vintage fake Navitimer. It all seems to be quality parts and construction.  However, with this movement, it only has two sub dials which is the giveaway!  I bought it long ago and it never worked.  As I had it in a box, I figured I had nothing to lose.  It does have a strange corrugated wire that runs between the watch case front and the bezel.  The next task is to try and figure out how to reattach the bezel.  I have never seen one like this before.

Here is a pic.  

IMG_6866.JPG

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Just stumbled across this thread today but I had say, that is just a fantastic fake.  I think counterfeit watches are really interesting from the sociological perspective and that one strikes me as being really special; the amount of care and effort that went into creating it suggests genuine love of the real thing.

3 hours ago, RyMoeller said:

I think counterfeit watches are really interesting from the sociological perspective and that one strikes me as being really special; the amount of care and effort that went into creating it suggests genuine love of the real thing.

I think that beyond high-end counterfeit watches there are great skills, expertise and equipment, but the only love is for the money.