Panasonic G7

Panasonic G7 has its own native macro lens. It's a 30mm (So 60mm full frame equivelent). I use it as a regular prime though as I want to get in even closer with the camera further away.

The solution for me was a Viltrox EF-M2 speedbooster and Canon EF macro 100mm and 60mm prime lenses.

Both very sharp buy the 100mm is the most useful to me.

Shoot in 4k and use a 1080p timeline in Davinci Resolve and you will be able to crop in even further. Or shoot in 1080p and use the Ex-tele function on the G7 which effective turns your lens into two primes.

Side note - I recently upgraded to the GH5 and have not regretted it. But the G7 is an amazing camera so I decided to keep it - they compliment each other well.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Panasonic G7 has its own native macro lens. It's a 30mm (So 60mm full frame equivelent). I use it as a regular prime though as I want to get in even closer with the camera further away.

The solution for me was a Viltrox EF-M2 speedbooster and Canon EF macro 100mm and 60mm prime lenses.

Both very sharp buy the 100mm is the most useful to me.

Shoot in 4k and use a 1080p timeline in Davinci Resolve and you will be able to crop in even further. Or shoot in 1080p and use the Ex-tele function on the G7 which effective turns your lens into two primes.

Side note - I recently upgraded to the GH5 and have not regretted it. But the G7 is an amazing camera so I decided to keep it - they compliment each other well.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Mark, thanks for the info and prompt reply I'm looking forward to using it.

Many thanks

Kaz