Chinese movement - tech specs?

Cmmb8519

Hi all,

Wife has this fake Daytona that she loves and has been running for 8 years. I decided to give it a service. Tuff customer!

Most probable a dummy question, but any idea of what movement it is (see photos)? Any chance I can find a tech spec of it?

Thanks! bdbc06fc1f842cd47340556d90291bae.jpga4540d2884d827d7dcba142d79f9653f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm sure that is a Russian movement. Have you looked under the balance? The other thing to help us, take the dial side plate off and take a photo of the keyless work and upload it. That is the way to id a watch movement that has no markings.

• Like 3

I'm sure that is a Russian movement. Have you looked under the balance? The other thing to help us, take the dial side plate off and take a photo of the keyless work and upload it. That is the way to id a watch movement that has no markings.
Thanks.
Here you go. See attached.
There are no marks on the plate under the balance or any other marks. Quality seems fairly good. There are 20+ jewels on it. c0e79d8e74347e0a42c3e3bc5377d578.jpg7504818a04b0c7d37113d51d27100b2e.jpg7785ce5a1446490f5af3f9a3ba14ec63.jpgfdb6405f7c286f8449a6e8a2fc30c9bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’d say it’s possible an old Seagull movement - similar to a TY 2869, but without a date dial. Cousins lists a range of Seagull movements here https://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/products/8164_Sea-Gull 2015 pages 15-20.pdf, but there isn’t an exact match in the current catalogue.

If you look at the dial side cover in on the TY 2869, https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/chinese-movement-list?code=TY2869M you will see the spring holes are very similar. Given the sge of your movement you may find it’s no longer made.

You will note that the balance cock and shock devices are different on yours. Sadly, I don’t know of any resources for positively identifying Chinese movements, or supply of parts, except winding stems. Tech specs are pretty limited although if you can work out the movement number you might find an installation drawin* on the net.  The movements are generally considered to be disposable, but plenty of people do service them, although probably not on a commercial basis.

• Like 2

I think I could be wrong about it being Russian. I was going by the finish of the movement after looking at this photo. If it were Russian the dial side would be the same sort of finish, this clearly is not the case. I have no experience when it comes to Chinese movements, as they were not around in the 70’s or 80’s.   

imageproxy.php.jpg

• Like 1

@StuartBaker104 is right on the money that this is one of the Chinese 'TY' series watches. These have the smiley sun and distinct star clustering.

As well as what Stuart has advised, do a search around the TY601. If you look at http://www.watch-tools.de/movements-88/movements/automatic-watch-movement-caliber-sea-gull-ty-601.php for instance this looks like yours. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1