Black slate clock.

antonyh

I know it's not slate or marble,  but every will know the sort of clock I'm referring to , anyway. 

I brought one at a car boot sale, just can't  resist  a broken clock with bits missing, the fact is you always  learn something along the way.

So it's was missing a hand , not a problem,  pendulum,  not too much of a problem with  the fact is you can just pick up a catalogue now days.

And the fine regulator for the pendulum, , well I now now the diffence between the brocot and the vattet suspension system. 

So after much searching through my boxes of stuff , I found one and with a little work ,, it's now as it should.

I will get round to posting a picture of the case, but as with a lot of these clocks the cases get damaged easily. .

In the meantime I'm  sure there's a few of you  that will share your pictures. 

2018-11-21_11.09.02.jpg

20181121_091637.jpg

20181121_092806.jpg

If the case is heavy, it will be slate. I say this because some cases are painted black and they can be wood. The movement is French, most have numbers on the back plate and sometimes one of the numbers will give you the length for the pendulum. This site will help you with the pendulum.

http://www.m-p.co.uk/formulae/frpend.htm

• 1 month later...

Just a quick add on for those who are interested in the black slate clocks.

I kept looking at my clock top and back of the clock case, all white in places,  the top was awful where people had put things on, cleaned it with various cleaners,  so it was pretty bad.

So I thought I'd try some of tha Curator, not used it before,  OMG what a transformation. 

So easy to use as it's water based, use gloves when your using it.

download.jpeg