Introduction

timewaster

Hello Everyone,

My name is Paul Written and I would like to say hello having recently joined the forum and signing up to Mark's Watch Repair course levels 1 & 2. The reason for starting my new hobby/interest was because I purchased a couple of replica watches and wanted to learn how to take them apart, clean and service them. Inspired by Mark's youtube service of a 3135 movement I decided to see how close the clone movement was to the real one. I had read that these replica movements tend to be 'dry' and often dirty. The one I am working on now was full of dirt and kept stopping. I am just waiting for a couple of screws to arrive as one ping off and I can'r find it all. Careful next time! At least my wife doesn't mind my new hobby as all the tools can be put away into a small box .

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I've already been on my hands and knees looking for a screw or two. :biggrin:

Mark's videos are very inspiring and yes he does make them look effortless. The oiling techniques are tricky to master. Too little is better than too much.

I'm stripping down an Asian 2824-2 now taking lots of photos as I go and referencing the data chart for correct lubrication. I can't find the click spring...