No Markings

chrisdt

No mark under the balance? If that is so you need to remove everything at the front, hands and dial. If there is no mark on the bottom plate. You need to take some photos of the bottom plate, pay attention to the

keyless work and post them up so we can have a look. That is the way to I D movements with no marks. Please make sure the photos are nice and clear.

It has a problem with the stem.....In short its too short. When pushed right in it it still turns the hands..I was hoping to find a stem but I might try a smaller crown or loctight the original crown a few turns back up the thread

44 minutes ago, StuartBaker104 said:

How did the stem get to be just a little too short? Are you sure that’s the issue? Engaging the stem correctly on some of these Asian movements can be a bit hit and miss.

Some times the button will screw down that tiny bit due to winding and turning the hands. Normally caused by a poor finish to the end of the stem when cut off and the button made of soft metal.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help OH...Yes it does appear to be the stem. The crown wheel appears to be 'floating' and as you wind it slides across and engages with the ratchet wheel...Never seen that before. With the back removed and puting some slight pressure on the movement towards the crown it engages correctly. It has a plastic movement ring with tags that engage with the pushers.

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Some times the button will screw down that tiny bit due to winding and turning the hands. Normally caused by a poor finish to the end of the stem when cut off and the button made of soft metal.

That makes some sense. Have you ever tried packing the bottom of the threaded hole in the crown to compensate for that?

No I have not. I always replaced because it will at some point pack in again. I would take a look at the end of the stem and if it needs to be tidied up do so with your bench file, this needs to be good in order to fit a stem extender.