seiko 7t32

mrxmttr

cleaning I use hot water and ammonia mix.
Then I rinse in shellite for a few seconds (careful with plastic).
I use moebius 9010 on the quartz gears in a 7t32.

Grease on the keyless sections.

However they are hugely complex and particularly not expensive, replacements are around 60$.

I give up servicing them as its not worth 3 hours of labour on plastic.

7A28 is another story and worth servicing.

I am not a lover of quartz but you can purchase quartz oil. What I can say is use very little lubrication almost what is called ghost oiling. Here is a vid of the 7t32 being serviced. I think this is the movement with an alarm and I had some fun (to say the least) with one a while ago.

I have done just one of these and agree with above - very fiddly. I seem to recall tracking down a service guide online somewhere but it was a while back. They also have a fragile part in the date mechanism which is a very tricky repair if broken. The one I serviced lasted about 2 years before that part then broke and I couldn’t be bothered to repair it so bought a junk Pulsar watch to harvest the movement.

Cousins had NOS movements about a year ago, but all  sold now. If you are looking for a parts donor, the Pulsar Y182 is identical but usually much cheaper on eBay

Thank you all for your advice. I know that a replacement would be cheap and easier than the hours spent on the one I have but I don't do this for profit, it's just a hobby that I enjoy and I happen to have the watch so thought I would give it a try.