Chelsea clock

Bill3

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get this clock to run?  It is a Chelsea ship’s clock.  When I got it it would not run, but I attributed that to the fact that it was dirty and had old black oil around the pivots.  I carefully cleaned the movement and cleaned the balance wheel separately in naphtha.  It reassembled without problems and was oiled,but would not run. If I “add power” to the movement it will run.  

I looked at the mainsprings while it was dissembled and they looked clean and intact.  

I have included pictures of both sides of the clock and a picture from the side showing the wheel (the one pointed out by the screwdriver) that I can push on to make it run.  

Thanks in advance for any help with this vexing problem.

DF8FA361-CD8A-4AE5-B77A-63AD294A3BDF.jpeg

4375A23B-9FBD-4AE4-85B4-A191642FC7DF.jpeg

11E170BF-5A7C-4D7C-A2CD-36DAA579CCDF.jpeg

You need to let the power off both springs and check for wear in the holes that the pivots go in. Pay particular attention to the escape wheel and pallets in the platform as I see it is not a fully jewel platform.  The metal that are in these types of movements are not that hard, the steel is quite soft so pivots also could be worn.