Ice Watch

Kierri

Hello everybody!

I have an Ice Watch & it recently stopped working. I replaced the battery and it worked for about 12 hours and no matter how many new batteries I feed it, it won't work. Do you have any suggestions as to why and how to go about fixing it?

Many thanks for your help,

Kierri x

Hello @Kierri. Welcome to the forum. I'd be glad to try to help, but without a picture it is not possible. I found a video online that shows an ICE watch and it looks like the movement might be a Miyota maybe a quartz 2115? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VfmINJZ1E

Usually with watches of this type, its not worth fixing the original movement, as a new one can be inexpensively purchased. These Miyota quartz movements are widely used is such watches and are available through watch part suppliers, but before we cross that bridge we need to see a picture of the movement inside. You might not want to go through the learning curve needed to swap out the movement, but if you want to try, this is the place to be!

J

Hi , If you like to try getting the same movement run,You may try my weird methods.

If you can reach any gear in the movement with a toothpick. Try shaking clock/ counterclock.

You need a solvent of some sort, lighter fluid , automobile fuel....... 

Insert the battery in place, drop the movement in solvent for few seconds, remove and try to shake the wheel radially. Pushing the seconds hand forward helps too, the movement comes to life. You may let it run submerged in solvent for like twenty seconds at a time, remove let solvent evaporate.repeat.

Next would be to remove the hands and dial plate to gain access to both sides for  lubrication with any light oil, sewing machine, hair clipper oil..... send us pictures of the movement to mark for you  the hole to be lubricated.

Regards joe.

8 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

Hello @Kierri. Welcome to the forum. I'd be glad to try to help, but without a picture it is not possible. I found a video online that shows an ICE watch and it looks like the movement might be a Miyota maybe a quartz 2115? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VfmINJZ1E

Usually with watches of this type, its not worth fixing the original movement, as a new one can be inexpensively purchased. These Miyota quartz movements are widely used is such watches and are available through watch part suppliers, but before we cross that bridge we need to see a picture of the movement inside. You might not want to go through the learning curve needed to swap out the movement, but if you want to try, this is the place to be!

J

Excuse my ignorance relatively new to watches. But if she likes the watch it's self. Would she not be better to try and put a different movement in it altogether. Like a midrange Seiko quartz's or something similar. Sorry again for my uneducated view. Or just get a midrange Seiko lol.

I have done that when the original replacement was not available. However it is not straight forward getting the correct size replacement is the issue. The height and size of the replacement movement ,the hand size and height are the issues.