TimeGrapher

Colditz

I purchased a Timegrapher 1000 from Ebay, Tangtangme was the seller. When it arrived I didn't have the time to check it as I was going abroad. When I returned some weeks later I decided to check a watch I had rebuilt using my new Timegrapher. I plugged in the microphone then plugged in the power supply and switched on and nothing! I contacted the seller and they did respond with "Tell us when you bought the item". I did and I have heard nothing since. I have tried to contact them many times and have received no response. I decided to have a go and see if I could determine why it was not working. What I found was the power supply DC output was reversed so the middle pin was negative  and the outer was positive. I reversed them and tried a power up. Hey presto she lit up and came on. The microphone was dead though. I opened up the timegrapher and discovered the reverse voltage had blown the 5volt dc to dc converter chip. I got one and replaced it and now I have a fully working timegrapher. Why am I sharing this? Just in case you get one from the same place I did. If you did and you need help to fix it just let me know.

I am looking for a Platax tool if anyone is selling one please let me know.

• Thanks 1