555.415 interchangeable?

I have a Tissot with a ETA 555.415 movement, that is water damaged.

I have decided to replace the movement, as the ETA movement is pretty low cost.

But the 555.415 is not as easy to find, as some other ETA movements.

So my question is, is there other ETA models that are directly interchangeable with the 555.415??

Dennis.

3 minutes ago, GleaveandCoLuke said:

The correct replacement for this is not 255.112.  This is the wrong diameter and thickness.

555.415 = 955.412, 955.412 is the same movement essentially just a few updates over many years.

decisions, decisions....

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 12.38.46 PM.png

2 hours ago, GleaveandCoLuke said:

The correct replacement for this is not 255.112.  This is the wrong diameter and thickness.

555.415 = 955.412, 955.412 is the same movement essentially just a few updates over many years.

My bad. Didn't do my research properly there. 

2 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

decisions, decisions....

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 12.38.46 PM.png

Hope i am right this time. Three first are for day at 6 a clock. if you have the date window at 6. Last two is different heights. On the H1 the hour wheel is 1,06 and H3 hour wheel 1,55.  There is also a H0 https://boley.de/en/caliber/watchmovements/eta/4001.955-412

Edited by rogart63

2 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Hope i am right this time. Three first are for day at 6 a clock. if you have the date window at 6. Last two is different heights. On the H1 the hour wheel is 1,06 and H3 hour wheel 1,55.  There is also a H0 https://boley.de/en/caliber/watchmovements/eta/4001.955-412

Good work Rogart! I fear this may become a lop-sided effort...... @Emancipator are we being of help here?

J

Edited by noirrac1j
  • Like 1

Follow these steps...

Does it have a second hand...  Yes = 3 H = 3 Hands, No = 2H = 2 Hands

Where is the date...   At 3 O'clock = 3D, at 6 O'clock = 6D

Remove the old hour wheel and measure the height with a vernier gauge, if it is between 1.02 and 1.10 then it is normal Height.  Otherwise you will need a high or low version.

75% of the time you will have the most popular version which it 955.412, 3H, 3D  (Normal height, not HT0 or HT3)

So that is 955.412, 3 Hands with the Date at 3.  Suppliers all round the world will stock this version. 

Simples :-)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GleaveandCoLuke said:

Follow these steps...

Does it have a second hand...  Yes = 3 H = 3 Hands, No = 2H = 2 Hands

Where is the date...   At 3 O'clock = 3D, at 6 O'clock = 6D

Remove the old hour wheel and measure the height with a vernier gauge, if it is between 1.02 and 1.10 then it is normal Height.  Otherwise you will need a high or low version.

75% of the time you will have the most popular version which it 955.412, 3H, 3D  (Normal height, not HT0 or HT3)

So that is 955.412, 3 Hands with the Date at 3.  Suppliers all round the world will stock this version. 

Simples :-)

The movement i am replacing is has a H1 hour wheel, so that is sorted.

I must be slow... because the difference of D3 or D6 movement is obviously what direction the numbers on the date ring has. :hocky:

Thx.

Dennis.

5 hours ago, Emancipator said:

The movement i am replacing is has a H1 hour wheel, so that is sorted.

I must be slow... because the difference of D3 or D6 movement is obviously what direction the numbers on the date ring has. :hocky:

Thx.

Dennis.

Hey There @Emancipator. No you're not slow...it takes a little time to figure such things out. Check out @rogart63 explanation of the movement codes.

J