phydaux

Wanted - Tips for using an ultrasonic cleaning machine

On 11/10/2018 at 4:17 PM, AndyHull said:

Bergeon 2552 One Dip appears to contain 99% tetrachlorethane...  Back in the distant past, we used to use it a lot of that in the workshop to clean printer parts and other computer bits.

Was that the stuff where, if you got one drop of it on your clothes or on the carpet, then it would just stink FOREVER?  As in to make the stink go away you had to just take out a knife and cut a square out of the carpet where the drop fell?  Or just throw your jacket away because it would never stop smelling like chemicals?

One time I was cleaning a customer's ink jet printer and I asked my boss for some alcohol to clean it with.  He handed me some foaming spray cleaner in a can, said to use that.  I sprayed it on the plastic printer parts, and watched in horror as the plastic melted before my eyes.

3 minutes ago, phydaux said:

Was that the stuff where, if you got one drop of it on your clothes or on the carpet, then it would just stink FOREVER?  As in to make the stink go away you had to just take out a knife and cut a square out of the carpet where the drop fell?  Or just throw your jacket away because it would never stop smelling like chemicals?

Not that I remember, no. It was far too volatile for that.