• Similar Content

• By AdamC
      Hello,
      It's been a while since I've posted but I have an issue that's perplexed me! About ten months ago, I repaired and serviced a rare ETA 2832 movement with a day date calendar mechanism. The watch worked fine until recently when the day wheel advanced half way and then got stuck. Having had it back on the bench and done a partial strip-down, I have re-engaged the day wheel, which now turns freely through all days in the crown/stem corrector position (as does the date wheel when turning in the opposite direction) but when moving the hands forward through 24 hours, the date wheel advances but the day wheel will not. I have carefully examined the day jumper mechanism and note that as the calendar wheel rotates and the arm engages the teeth and rotates the date wheel, nothing seems to be engaging to move the day wheel forward. I have added a few photos which may help to identify the problem. I have annotated with a red arrow, the lever which I think is supposed to advance the day wheel but doesn't engage at the calendar wheel teeth (if indeed this is what it's supposed to do). Any ideas of what I may have missed here?
      Thanks

• By AdamC
      Hello,
      It's been a while since I've posted but I have an issue that's perplexed me! About ten months ago, I repaired and serviced a rare ETA 2832 movement with a day date calendar mechanism. The watch worked fine until recently when the day wheel advanced half way and then got stuck. Having had it back on the bench and done a partial strip-down, I have re-engaged the day wheel, which now turns freely through all days in the crown/stem corrector position (as does the date wheel when turning in the opposite direction) but when moving the hands forward through 24 hours, the date wheel advances but the day wheel will not. I have carefully examined the day jumper mechanism and note that as the calendar wheel rotates and the arm engages the teeth and rotates the date wheel, nothing seems to be engaging to move the day wheel forward. I have added a few photos which may help to identify the problem. I have annotated with a red arrow, the lever which I think is supposed to advance the day wheel but doesn't engage at the calendar wheel teeth (if indeed this is what it's supposed to do). Any ideas of what I may have missed here?
      Thanks

• By AccidentalWatchmaker
      Hi all,
      I'm currently building a custom watch with an ETA 2892-2 movement. The movement is from an old Brietling. I managed to fix it and was working perfectly. I was in the process of putting it all together, was attaching the second hand and it suddenly stopped. I believe I may have used too much force. However, I have taken the watch apart again (about the 12th time!). I notice that when I move the hacking spring it stops as it should, but when I return it to the position that would usually allow the movement to move again it doesn't. I assumed I'd knocked something out of alignment, but to add to the confusion if I give the escape wheel the slightest nudge it continues ticking. It's baffling me. 
      Anyone have any ideas?

Best,
      Dan

• By AdamC
      Hello,
      I have been asked by my stepfather to service his Sanford Bros HF 36000 automatic watch bought new in 1977. On starting work, I noticed its an ETA 2832 but on looking for the technical sheet, I can't find one anywhere. Perhaps it is a rare movement but maybe there's an equivalent document I can use. My first main concern after removing the rotor is how to remove the auto-wind assembly - looks quite complicated and this is only my second attempt at an automatic movement. I've added a few photos for reference. Of interest, Sanford Bros was a small watchmaking company in the '70s based at 321/323 Oxford Street, London W1. He still has the original sales invoice!
      Would anybody be able to point me in the right direction please?
      Many thanks

• By Mark
      Join me as I strip down, service and review this Chinese ETA 2892-A2 clone. Seagull ST1812 watch movement. There was a couple of issues to deal with but altogether a fairly impressive movement for the price.