Omega 30T2PC

I’ve cleaned and oiled this omega 30T2PC. Oils used were molykote on the canon pinion, 9010 (9410?) on the train, D5 on the keyless, 9501 on the escapement and pallet jewels, 941 on the shock jewels. I replaced the escape wheel with an omega of the same caliber I had in my scrap drawer. The train test was done and all was working perfectly.. escape wheel spinning away.. put on the pallet fork.. moved it between banking pins freely with a little wind. I put on the balance cock and get a very low amplitude. Very low. I can see the balance pivots are healthy.. but can’t seem to figure out this low amplitude.. I haven’t even put it on the timegrapher because it’s just so low. All the escape wheel teeth are healthy.. the air spring looks like it’s tightly coiled on the right side but more spread out on the left side. I made sure the pallet fork was at the right side banking pin before putting the balance cock into place. Any ideas here? I lived the escape wheel teeth.. then cleaned and reapplied oil to the entry and exit stones.. no idea why I could be getting such low amplitude.. when I screw down the balance cock screw, I have no movement of the balance wheel at all. I am sure the at least the lower pivot is in place. I’ve never had a problem like this before. 

Thanks all all for any advice.. maybe I should reclean the shock jewels and balance in a one dip? I’m going to try this next. I’ve seen also a video mark made about making a little dibbit with a screwdriver where the balance cock sits in place.. he did this for a Unitas 6947 I think. Then his balance caught up.. I guess I could try this too.. think I’m on the correct path here? 

Did you remove the shock system from the balance (both ends) if so have you put them back in the right order? Are you sure the jewels are clean in the balance, sometimes they look clean but old oil can give a shining appearance and are not clean. All jewels are good not chipped or loose. Make sure the stud that holds the hairspring in the balance cock is not rubbing on the balance wheel and is tight in the cock. The hairspring, it must be free from any obstruction and tight on the staff. Is the roller correct and not damaged? The impulse pin should be tight in the roller must be smooth and clean, no chips.   Pallets stones are they correct and not loose, never oil the pivots of the pallets or impulse pin. Under the balance cock is it tidy no rough digs and are you using the correct screw.

Hi there.        How about staffs end shake when amplitute is !ow?  If no end shake observed.

1. Loosen the cock screw to where you say the wheel picks amplitute.

2. Grab the balance wheel with tweezers, no force, just slight up and down the wheel  rim which causes staff pivots to move correspondingly, what your after is to get the pivot to drop into jewel hole if it isn,t already, put some feel to it try for both pivots. You should feel the pivot dropping into hole.perhaps you hear the tic sound of pivot entery. Thighten the screw.

It no good. Loosen the cock balance screw to raise  the cock to creat a gap about 0.25 mm ( no need to indent the plate where the cock sits) .make a shim, cut one out of thin aluminum foil about one mm width , placing the shim inside the gap ,on either side of cock pins raises or lower the cock jewel as you thighten the cock screw. With In and out postioning of the shim you get exact raise of the bridge cock..

If no good, loosen the screw on escapement cab and observe.

If no good, we look to diagnose the fault.

Close up pix may help.

Regards joe

Yes, the shock stones I removed one at a time as to not confuse them. So, they are in their correct order and we’re cleaned with one dip, oiled perfectly, springs are in perfect shape and closed. Last night I had a screaming match with the watch.. I did the screaming and the watch just sat and beat slowly.. this is after I took everything apart again, checked every jewel, every tooth, every pivot.. removed the hairspring, checked for kinks.. none.. checked the safety roller and impulse jewel, perfect.. thought the balance staff pivots looked very worn so I took out the platax tool.. roller is safe guys.. the balance staff is smushed right to the sink in the wheel.. took out the jeweling tool... got it out. Took a look at the wheel..  aaannnddd I somehow slightly dented one of the sides that meets in the middle where the staff sits.. I yelled at the watch more.. told it to rot in hell.. then started throwing junk parts from my box and found a balance wheel for this movement!! No way I thought.. heavenly sun beams hit the new wheel I’m sure.. now I’ve got my used staking set out.. the one punch missing is one I need.. fml.. oh well.. I’ll get this done.. I’ll figure it out but thank you for your replies.. deeply.. you guys have helped a lot of movements survive by bringing me new ideas just be reading these threads. 

Hello again, so on a movement like this, the escapement wheel teeth or pallet stone jewels (not pivots ), I would use moebius 941, and on the balance jewels, I would recommend moebius 9010. I think using the 9501 which is recommended for friction areas like the canon pinion and chronograph parts, is going to be too think and would reduce the amplitude  and also the 941 for the balance jewels.  Please let me know if this helps, best of luck. Anthony