Watch blogs, books and magazines

Thought I would share a nice collection of the finest reading about watches and the industry with you guys.

• A BLOG TO WATCH - since 2007. "The World's Most Popular Source for Watch." News, reviews, buying guides, discussion & admiration.
  • CALIBRE 11 - since 2009. "The Home of TAG Heuer & Vintage Heuer Collectors."
  • Daily Watch - since 2012. Instagram. 2.2m Followers.
  • Escapement - "Time for the finer things in life." Watch blog dedicated to fine watches, luxury watches, watch news and the ultimate expression of horology, haute horlogerie. The watch reviews are typically ‘hands-on’ in style, where the watch has been placed upon the wrist of the author and evaluated over a period of time, sometimes extending to several days or even weeks.
  • FHH MAGAZINE - since 2005. Published by the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie. News from the world of watchmaking and luxury watches. No watches to sell, but a lot to tell! Get to know everything about Fine Watches. Exhibitions, books, trainings and an online encyclopedia.
  • Fratello Watches - "Voicing opinions about watches and the watch industry since 2004." One of the first blogs about wristwatches, sharing thoughts and news about watches and the watch industry with other watch enthusiasts. Fratellowatches writes opinionated articles, reviews and reports about watches, covering most of the major brands and independent watchmakers.
  • HAUTE TIME - since 2010. "The #1 online resource for luxury watches like Patek Philippe, Richard Mille, Hublot, Breguet & Piaget watches worldwide."
  • HODINKEE - since 2008. "One of the most widely read watch publications in the world." Wristwatch news, reviews & original stories.
  • iW INTERNATIONAL WATCH MAGAZINE - since 1989. "For 25 years, International Watch has been the definitive authority for all watch-related matters, providing in-depth reports on all aspects of horology, from established Swiss watchmaking firms to independent houses of horology, product reviews, technical stories, wrist trends, the unique culture of collectors, and more."
  • Le Guide des Montres - since 2011. "The french Watch Guide web site." Originals editorials, pictures, interviews & videos. Based in Paris.
  • Master Horologer - "Masterhorologer is an online content platform to discover the world of horology, the art of clock and watch making. The readers can discover the stories and technical details of thousands of timepiece models manufactured by genuine watch brands from all over the world. In addition, readers can also find watch reviews, media releases, corporate news, historic details of brands and legendary timepieces, collaborative articles, events, auctions, promotional posts, crowd founding projects and boutiques and flagship stores of luxury watch brands."
  • Mondani Books - since 1979. "The leading publisher in the watch field." The world's most famous and reliable books about Rolex, Patek Philippe, Tudor, Omega, Panerai and more. Buy directly with Mondani.
  • Monochrome - since 2006. "Leading online Watch Magazine entirely dedicated to news, reviews and watch-talk about high-end watches."
  • PLAZA WATCH - since 2006. "Welcome to a real magazine for all watch lovers. We write about the news and trends, but also cover historical achievements, important personalities and unique technical solutions."
  • PROFESSIONAL WATCHES - "Curated coverage of the world's best watches." The Wristwatch Blog. One of the most visited English language watch publications online. It is written for a growing international audience of watch aficionados.
  • QP MAGAZINE - "UK’s leading luxury watch magazine, available in print and through our iPad app. Launched in 2003, it is one of the most widely read watch publications in the world, reflecting the best and most creative in watchmaking."
  • REVOLUTION - since 2007. "Celebrating the Machine with a Heartbeat." The World's Ultimate Watch Lifestyle Magazine. Horological Information, Education and Discussion Forums. Watches E-commerce.
  • STYLECRAVE - "Mens Expensive Luxury Watches Reviews, Interviews & More."
  • The Watch Adviser - "Thewatchadviser.com is an online watch store and publicatiom. Thewatchadviser.com's mission is to cover the latest wristwatch news and events all around the world, live from the top watch shows, boutiques, auctions, and exhibits."
  • The Watch Blog - since 2013. "News & Reviews Of Popular Affordable Watches."
  • THE WATCH QUOTE - "The Luxury Watches Portal." The Watch Quote was created in 2002 by Thierry Castagna to let you keep up with the latest trends in watch making, discover great brands, the latest collections and legendary classics, compare offers and choose the watch of your dreams.
  • The Watches TV - since 2011. "Your luxury watch & watchmaking video channel!" Swiss made films, new timepieces, The WATCHES.tv is an independent audiovisual media dedicated to the world of watches.
  • THE WATCHISMO TIMES - "Vintage & Modern Horology." A reliquary of obscure timepieces from bygone eras as well as cutting-edge watches of today. Purveyors of wrist-borne time machines since 1999, Watchismo is a singular source for unusual modern watches from around the world.
  • Time and Watches - "News and stories for the mechanical watches enthusiasts." Our watch blog is dedicated to the mechanical watch enthusiasts that - just like us - remain often wordless contemplating the perfect balance of art, design and technology that can be admired in many of our favorite timepieces.
  • Time Tide - since 2014. "The Australian Watch Authority." It publishes daily reviews, news and feature stories about watches, wearers and their journeys.
  • TIMEZONE - since 1995. "The world's watch information resource." 20 years and ticking.
  • TRUSTED WATCH - since 1997. "The International Timepiece-Portal." Watch portal & watch magazine. One of the leading media enterprise for the watch and jewellery sector in Europe.
  • WATCH Journal - since 1997. "All That's Good in Time." Watch Journal is a leading luxury watch and lifestyle publication. The magazine provides a refined lens on the watch world. Each issue includes coverage of relevant news and events; the publisher’s recurring column on the business of watches; a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into watch manufacturing; a section of original watch photography; profiles of industry leaders and collector interviews."
  • WATCH TALK FORUMS - "Talking Watches. All The Time". Online watch enthusiasts community. We have discussion forums dedicated to many watch brands such as Rolex, Omega, Breitling, ...
  • Watchlords - since 2009. "The Original and Only Uncensored Watch Forum." All brands are discussed in open without the heavy hand of a moderator censoring you.
  • WATCHNET.com - "Watch Talk." General watch discussion forum.
  • WATCHTIME.COM - since 1999. "America’s No. 1 Watch Magazine." Your resource for the latest news and information about the world's finest luxury watches. Covers all aspects of fine timepieces, fine wristwatches and 'watch culture.'

Please feel free to add iy I have left anything out.

• Like 2

Nice list of web sites.  This is my current "To Buy" book list, plus other resources:

Web Sites with fee-based video tutorials:

www.timezonewatchschool.com

Three levels of video tutorials

learnwatchmaking.com

nobswatchmaker.com

Comprehensive watchmaking course

www.watchrepairlessons.com

DVDs

Simplified Mechanical Watch Repair for Profit (out of production, can be sourced on eBay)
Dan Gendron

A Course in Profits Through Service (out of production, can be sourced on eBay)
Dan Gendron

BOOKS (listed in the order I intend to buy them)

Chicago School of Watchmaking Course (out of print, 36 PDFs on CD can be sourced on eBay)

TM 9-1575 WAR DEPARTMENT TECHNICAL MANUAL ORDNANCE MAINTENANCE WRIST WATCHES, POCKET WATCHES, STOP WATCHES, AND CLOCKS (out of print, free PDF available on the web)

No BS Watch Tips for Watch Enthusiasts & Salespeople
Anthony L

Beginner Watchmaking: How to Build Your Very First Watch
Tim Swike

The Watch Jobber's Handybook
Paul Hasluck

Watch Repair For Absolute Beginners!
George Piere

Simplified Mechanical Watch Repair for Profit: An Illustrated Guide
Dan Gendron

It's TIME to Make MORE Money with Watch Repairs
by Dan Gendron

Fundamentals of Watchmaking
Mike Barnett

Watch Repair for Beginners: An Illustrated How-To Guide for the Beginner Watch Repairer
Harold C. Kelly

Watch Repairing as a Hobby
D. W. Fletcher

Repairing Quartz Watches 
H.B. Fried

Mechanical and Quartz Watch Repair
Mick Watters

Practical Watch Repairing
Donald De Carle

Practical Watch Adjusting
Donald de Carle

Complicated Watches and Their Repair
Donald de Carle

Learn Watch Repair At Home
Mike Barnett

Watch Repairer's Manual
H.B. Fried

Watchmaking
George Daniels

The Practical Watch Escapement
George Daniels

Amateur Watchmaking
Pers Torphammer

Maintaining and Repairing Mechanical Watches
Mark W. Wiles

A Practical Course in Horology
Harold Caleb Kelly

• 7 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.