Hello from Kent

DavidC

Hi everyone.  I've been repairing clocks for a hobby for a few years and decided to have a go at doing the same for watches.  It's OK buying a cheap clock on eBay and getting it going, but the hassle of selling it again is a pain and the garage is filling up with old mantel clocks!  Watches don't take up nearly as much room.  I've been working through Mark's online course and am half way through part 3.  I've taken Mark's advice and bought a load of scrap movements on eBay to practice on without worrying about breaking something.  Simple timepieces seem straightforward, but watching Mark work on a day and date chronograph makes me shudder.  Mind you I used to think that way about striking and chiming clocks but they don't worry me now.

1 hour ago, clockboy said:

Welcome David, I am from the garden of England too. I started with clocks moved onto watches but them clocks keep arriving to be repaired. Enjoy the forum.

Yeah.  I keep getting them too, but at least when they're repaired they go back to their owners and don't clutter up my garage!