Clock mainspring winder

oldhippy

I bought this clock mainspring winder the other day from ebay. It is the same type that I had years ago. With this tool you can remove the smallest hole end springs right up to the large fusse clock springs with causing any damage to the barrels. The picture is the one I bought.

If anyone is interested in this. There is another, which is complete up for auction. This is the link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traditional-Brass-Mainspring-Winder-by-J-Malcolm-Wild/273532518614

P1010343.JPG

I only have three in my home; two are Elliott 8 day timepieces. The other is a French strike on a bell. That one keeps stopping. That is the one I will at some point of time repair. I still need to get some more tools. I wish now I had not sold those years ago. When I start I’ll let you know.

• Like 1

My Sympathies Old H  I gave away some years ago a stereo microscope used on circuit boards when I retired from the computer industry, I could use it now!.  I build a mainspring remover an fitting tool based on the joe collins type with shells from timesavers in america usefull tool and safe ti use if any body wants details PM me