Omega 1332 help

Hi all

i wonder if anybody could help me with how to get rid of this battery corrosion in this omega I picked up yesterday. I am very new to watch repair and just have basic tools.

thanks in advance

Ollie

78F4BC94-81E3-44E5-8E2C-EF296BEE4CD3.jpeg

Hi Ollie  Its a bit of a mess, scrape off as much as you can with pegwood then use a fiberglass pen brush (available on the bay). Blow out the bits carefully , cover as much of the movement as possible then use a cotton bud with vinegar or alchohol to clean finally,,   chek if it works with a battery.  bear in mind this is just a preliminary clean   as watchtime says the ultimate is to strip and clean to get the best possible results.

Hi Ollie  I have attached the tech sheet for the 1332 according to cousins the circuit board is obsolete but the bridle -ve   is available  £10 95 plus post etc. from what I can make out the brible is attached to the cct board so  may be a soldering job required. bridle part No  1332 9616,   hope this is of help to you

435_1332_complet_2290.pdf

That’s really helpful thank you, I have managed to find a new old stock bridle on eBay for £10 free postage so I have ordered that. It doesn’t look to me like the corrosion has spread any further, so hopefully all will be ok. I’m not sure that my standard soldering iron will have a small enough tip, so that might be a job for a watchmaker or jewller. Thanks again for all your help.

Ollie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...