Eterna sonic electronic

Latvas

There must be a way, [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its a tuning fork movement so i cant remove the hands and dial before the electronic part are removed , as it would ruin the index wheel [emoji848][emoji316]

Looks like a split stem. Take that out and the movement should come out easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats sounds legit, but how does a split stem work, is it simply a matter of force ?

1 hour ago, Latvas said:

hats sounds legit, but how does a split stem work, is it simply a matter of force ?

The style of case construction definitely looks like the movement goes out the front.   A clue that the movement comes out the front is if you turn the case with movement upside down if the movement seems like it's loose in the case that would be an indication that it will fall out once the stem is out of the way.

Split stems are interesting 90 some percent of the time you just need to pull hard on the crown. The split stem will then split apart the movement will fall out everything works nice but tiny percentage of the time that's not the way it works. There are some split stems and if you do a search we've had a discussion about this before. Some of the split stems don't split apart by pulling they have to slide apart. Usually on those type you can see the stem the dial is made in such a way that you can see the stem to get it lined up to slide apart. Otherwise you turn the movement upside down slowly rotate the crown if you're lucky it just slides apart the movement falls out. Otherwise they make special tools for pulling the crown out or tweezers between the case of the crown is give you some leverage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Let us know how you get on. Be brave!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It went very well
There was a part of the electronic circuit that was defective, the readings were bad according to the service manual
Fortunately i had a tissot tissonic with the same movement cal 9162 where it was the other part of the circuit that have failed, so i simply mixed the parts,took some new readings, and all were good to go, oiled and reassembled the piece, and with some gentle taps it sprung into timekeeping again , humming strong ,and with remarkable precision,under 1/2 sec per 24 hours too fast.
Many thanks for the help from you all
Il post some pics soon

• Like 1