Looking for a part for a vintage Seiko

OK, this is completely my fault. But the watch would have needed servicing anyway. Some years ago I asked my father if I could have his old watch to take apart. He valued function over form, I think, and didn't see the value in a mechanical watch when his newer one could sync with his computer over USB and hold his calendar and such. So like so many other things, I took the Seiko apart. In my defense I'm pretty sure I put the rest of it back together correctly, it's just that the escapement wheel fell off my bed and onto the rug, where it disappeared. The watch is otherwise complete, it could use a new crystal but I won't complain if I can just get it running again. It's a Seiko Presmatic 33j, 5106-9000 and the winder on the movement reads 5106A. That's as close as I can get to a model number for the movement. I've called several of the watch parts suppliers listed in the Resources section but they either don't have what I need or they don't sell to private individuals. (Jewellers and other businesses only.) So where can I locate a compatible escapement wheel for this watch? I'm not picky if Seiko made an identical part for a different watch, and I don't mind buying a broken movement as long as the escape wheel is intact. I just can't find any. I'm new to this, any help is appreciated. :)

11 minutes ago, JBerry said:

Cousins UK have the escape wheel for your 5106A listed £6.55

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

Thanks! :) After shipping it's a little outside my budget for the month, maybe in a few days. In the meantime I did find a "parts" 5106a movement on ebay, but that ends in a few days. I think the search engine wouldn't have turned it up if I hadn't posted here first. :D

Thanks! [emoji4] After shipping it's a little outside my budget for the month, maybe in a few days. In the meantime I did find a "parts" 5106a movement on ebay, but that ends in a few days. I think the search engine wouldn't have turned it up if I hadn't posted here first. [emoji3]
Make sure you treat this movement well [emoji846]
The Presmatic 5106 33j is an amazing movement from Seiko, very technology advanced for the time (1969 ich) and Seiko took a few of these for a watch competitiom in Neuchâtel Switzerland at the time. There are some stories that the Japanese government invested a lot for Seiko research on this movement to try and beat the swiss movements.
If you can afford go for the new part from counsins. The movement deserves it and you will see that the price on auction for an old 5106 movement can go quite high.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Today I received a watch box I had ordered, so I'm well on my way to not misplacing it any longer. Dad had it in his top drawer forever though with other miscellaneous things and either because of this or actual wear as a watch the crystal and case are a bit scratched. That's not to mention the scratches I added trying to turn the back with a pair of needle nose pliers. I'll never try that again, but I have a watch back tool for that anyway, and a $20 skeleton watch from Amazon to practice on.

The working movement on ebay is more attainable for me, and is advertised as "working" so the escape wheel should be present and intact, but "working" may be a euphemism, the watch face and day wheel aren't attached but included int he auction. I'm hopeful! 

So, an update: The Seiko movement auction ended fifty cents over my maximum bid. I've ordered the escape wheel from Cousins UK. It'll get here when it gets here I suppose, but I'm fairly confident in my ability to install it. After that it's going to a watchmaker for cleaning and oiling. I think I've given myself a complex over this particular watch.