Hello

carpioboy

Hi to everyone .

My name is Jeff, and i live in Darlington England.

I've always been interested in watches and clocks etc.  and have a mechanical background.

Recently i decided to have a go at watch repair and have started with pocket watches . I hope to get a good feel for the mechanics and the methods of repair before moving on to smaller items.

I guess i will ask a lot of what may appear to be daft questions but please try to be patient LOL.

Good to be here and i have already read a lot of interesting conversations and seen a few excellent videos

First question ,

Does anyone know of a source of watch repair courses in the UK that they would recommend. Preferably in the North east. I'm sure that i will learn better and quicker with a hands on approach rather than by DVD or books although i agree they play an important part .

Kind regards 

carpioboy

Jeff 

Hi Jeff welcome to the forum and the wonders of watches.

Never be afraid to ask, folk on here are more than willing to help, regardless of the level. For me it's a wonderful hobby both the hands on part as well as the studying . Mark Lovick's library of YouTube videos are best I have seen on the web, and I strongly suggest that you work your way through them all.

Welcome Jeff. Just buy a few cheap scrappers on e-bay, use the instructionals here and elsewhere on the net & you will surprise yourself what you can learn without spending a penny on course fees. Mind you like the rest of us you will end up spending a lot more on kit, caboodle & watches. It's an illness you know.