abhishekgodbole

Can I service my citizen automatic watch at home?

4 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Hi, welcome.

Caliber?  Your experience working on watches?  tools you got?  Runs or not? What do you think is wrong with it? 

Regards joe.

Hey Joe thanks for replying,I am a noob at watch repairing but I always wanted to get more into it but lacked supervision,I am facing problems with my watch because I guess it's been years I serviced it and the problem is that even if I wind it it does not work.I hope you provide me with some knowledge and technical details about it.thank you.

So I guess first a picture, preferably of the movement. Try zooming the caliber .Dose seconds hand move forward when you shake or kinda back and forth a little. Neither?

A slip of screwdriver is all the requirement to ruin a movement. So ...

Nevertheless, I,ll stand by you till last drop of blood.

Regards joe

14 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

So I guess first a picture, preferably of the movement. Try zooming the caliber .Dose seconds hand move forward when you shake or kinda back and forth a little. Neither?

Regards joe

Yes,the seconds hand goes back and forth a little and stops,I guess we need to talk one to one...for that can you share your Instagram I'd or I will share mine so that i can neatly explain and understand.

Regards, Abhishek

The seconds hand going back and forth indicates the very likelihood of staff pivots not broken. Chances are good a regulare servce is all thats required. 

Your thread is to be available to members to take part in, this will also prevent me help you destroy your watch.

A moderator can, if your request is not in violation of forums policies provide you with my contact info, which is fine with me, or issue us some sort of permission.

Regards joe

On 10/25/2018 at 9:09 PM, Nucejoe said:

Regards joe

Thanks for the support....but I am a noob and I don't understand the actual names of parts....I think it is fine with the admin for us to talk on Instagram...please message me on Instagram @abhishek.18_

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Evan
      Hi all, I'm new here, but have been watching the videos on YouTube for a while now, and used them to educate myself on the nature of mechanical watches. Thanks for the great videos Mark! You helped take the mystery and fear out of these works of art.
    • By Plusfoursmax
      Hi,
      I have a Rotary Monza I am fixing up. I disassembled the barrel and removed and cleaned the mainspring. I secured a copy of the parts list and it shows that as well as the mainspring, there is also a Brake Spring (part 775 on the picture). What is it, and do I really need it? Certainly Cousins does not sell it. I googled AS 1902 brake spring and ONE result came up of a Russian watch forum discussing this item. Apparently it is thicker than a normal spring and it seems to have some sort of bent over feature on it. Can I just make one using the old mainspring? If so, how long should it be? Is it really necessary?
      https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://forum.watch.ru/showthread.php%3Fp%3D5196915&prev=search
      ROTARY Monza AS 1902.pdf
    • By AndyHull
      Is it possible to purchase parts for a Citizen 8228A (Miyota) movement. I have a rather beat up old example, which is missing the tip of one of the winder gears.
      I suspect the answer is going to be, no, you would need to find the parts from another damaged example.
      I did look on Cousins, but the part I need is not listed.
      Initially I suspected the only issue with it was the balance, and spent a little time tickling the hairspring back into shape, only to then figure out that while the winder made the right noises, it wasn't actually driving the mainspring, due to the missing pinion tip.
    • By east3rn
      Hello dear watch repairers.
      I am disassembling a vintage citizen caliber 0200.
      It is a manual wind caliber with 21 jewels.
      I usually do not have much problem disassembling simple movement like this.
      However, the rachet wheel screw is very stiff and won't move at all.
      I tried to unscrew it anti-clockwise with nicely fitting screwdriver but it is stuck.
      Actually I have an bad experience with a citizen movement like this before.
      It was cal.1801, very similar to 0200 and only difference was the date function. 
      I had same issue with the rachet wheel screw and I ended up breaking the screw. The head part of the screw came apart.
      Is this a typical issue with citizen calibers?? or am I doing it wrong??
      Please help me out!

caliber 0200.

• By abhishekgodbole
      Hey guys anybody out there know how to get into these big companies,what qualities should one poses or what course should we do?