abhishekgodbole

Can I service my citizen automatic watch at home?

4 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Hi, welcome.

Caliber?  Your experience working on watches?  tools you got?  Runs or not? What do you think is wrong with it? 

Regards joe.

Hey Joe thanks for replying,I am a noob at watch repairing but I always wanted to get more into it but lacked supervision,I am facing problems with my watch because I guess it's been years I serviced it and the problem is that even if I wind it it does not work.I hope you provide me with some knowledge and technical details about it.thank you.

So I guess first a picture, preferably of the movement. Try zooming the caliber .Dose seconds hand move forward when you shake or kinda back and forth a little. Neither?

A slip of screwdriver is all the requirement to ruin a movement. So ...

Nevertheless, I,ll stand by you till last drop of blood.

Regards joe

14 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

So I guess first a picture, preferably of the movement. Try zooming the caliber .Dose seconds hand move forward when you shake or kinda back and forth a little. Neither?

Regards joe

Yes,the seconds hand goes back and forth a little and stops,I guess we need to talk one to one...for that can you share your Instagram I'd or I will share mine so that i can neatly explain and understand.

Regards, Abhishek

The seconds hand going back and forth indicates the very likelihood of staff pivots not broken. Chances are good a regulare servce is all thats required. 

Your thread is to be available to members to take part in, this will also prevent me help you destroy your watch.

A moderator can, if your request is not in violation of forums policies provide you with my contact info, which is fine with me, or issue us some sort of permission.

Regards joe

On 10/25/2018 at 9:09 PM, Nucejoe said:

Regards joe

Thanks for the support....but I am a noob and I don't understand the actual names of parts....I think it is fine with the admin for us to talk on Instagram...please message me on Instagram @abhishek.18_

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Swissmade
      Hi,
      I am new to watch repair and have mainly been servicing simple eta movements for my own
      I have always wanted a chronograph watch and have found a watch based on a valjoux 7750 with a broken case.
      I want to put the movement into a new case but the dial is a day date and the movement is date only.
      I have sourced all the parts and have fitted them to the movement to add the day function.
      The donor watch didn't use a dial washer / foil, do I need to use one now I have added the day indicator?
      If I do need a foil, what size and where from?

Thanks very much

Stuart

• By jackie01
      Hello,
      I started new project - Citizen 67-9119. It's seventies chronograph based on 8110A movement. Watch came to me as "fully working in great condition" As you can see there isn't crystal. The one which was here had chip and wasn't set properly in bezel so when i turned the watch it fall on the floor and broke. As you can see dial is in quite good condition, only it needs to be relumed. Hands needs to be repainted and relumed too. Movement works well but it is too speedy (  +3 min/24h). Chrono buttons work properly, only the hour counter stops at "3h" position so I must to take a look here. I striped down the watch and disassembled movement. There was some much oil everywhere so the cleaning is required. 

• By FredS
      Hello, 
      I have a j810 movement that needs a stem and crown. Can’t find part numbers. Citizen eco-drive j810-s088232.
    • By Marc5555
      So there is this timex automatic i found online from a reputable seller. I cant find much about it anywhere. Ive been looking for a timex automatic but already have a few watches that look like the marlin. This one is a little different and i like it. Any info would be greatly appreciated

• By jackie01
      Hello everybody,

I open this thread to archive works on Citizen 8110A Bullhead. I purchased this watch in poor condition as You can see on the photos.

Cause I have serviced few chronographs in the past I decide to try restore this watch. Maybe is not ractional from the economical aspect but we do this because we love it So let's open it.

Hands are in good condition (required repaint and relume) but the dial has broken legs and tachy scale is faded :/ I think it's really hard to find orginal and there is no gold aftermarket replacement - sad. Look at the movement.

Gosh, what a dirty place It needs good cleaning and oiling. 
      But the biggest problems are this.

Broken post on main spring bridge and missing rocking bar core and screw in gear train. I need to find replacement.

While I'll be working on movement the case and pushers are send to renew - putting new gold plated coat

Stay tuned