No Date or Time Setting

After placing hands on a Sellita SW200-1 movement and replacing its stem, I can no longer set date or time.  Initially I could only pull out stem 1 postion and able to manually wind it in its pushed in position.  I beilieve Placing stem back was pretty straight forward... I'm I missing something?

1 hour ago, SunglassGuy said:

After placing hands on a Sellita SW200-1 movement and replacing its stem, I can no longer set date or time.  Initially I could only pull out stem 1 postion and able to manually wind it in its pushed in position.  I beilieve Placing stem back was pretty straight forward... I'm I missing something?

Sounds like the set lever has fallen out of the clutch groove. Aside from replacing the hands (why?) did you take apart the movement or specifically the keyless works? I'm not familiar with SW200 but it is similar to the ETA 2824, which I've worked on. When you removed the stem, how exactly did you do that?

J

• Like 1

Generally if remove every screw you see and you can still see, you have stripped down a movement.

That is how I stripped  down the first movement I repaired, then I got like this :pulling-hair-out:.

Just kidding sunglassguy, welcome. Will you show some pictures !

Regards joe

• Like 1

you had to remove the stem to take the movement out of the case.it is most  likely not engaging the set lever correctly.  does this movement have a set lever screw? one that you loosen in order to remove the stem ?if so can you tighten it? did you perhaps back it all the way out ?

The movement has not been installed in the case yet.  I was assembling a new watch and was having difficulty after I reinstalled the hands and replaced the stem.  As stated previously the movement is keeping time and date is rolling over but I can not adjust time or date, the stem is free spinning outside of the manual wind position.  I did see a video posted by Mark on how to repair a ETA 2824 like movement stuck in calender mode but not sure if this is true problem.  Is threr any way to assess if it could be something else.

As noirrac1j says, it is likely that the either the setting lever has become displaced, or more likely you may be lucky and find that the setting lever is not engaging properly in the stem.

Normal advice on this movement is to remove the stem when pulled out to the time setting position, and also to depress the release pin slightly when replacing the stem.

You may be lucky here and be able to get the stem to fit properly by trying to fit again with the button depressed, or it may be hands and dial off time to correct.

I have also seen a thread here which describes making a tool to pull the lever outwards, but it does need you to have a spare stem to sacrifice

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f6/winding-stem-postion-stem-removal-eta-2801-2-a-675689.html

• Like 1