Anker robot automatic; movement id

A new one for me. It almost has a Timex style design, but I found there was a watch maker (I Think USA) that traded under the name Robot. To refine the search I will need to look at the keyless side & maybe it will be in my "Bestfit" catalogue.One thing is for certain spares will be difficult to source. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I wanted to share a bit more around this watch and where it ended for me.

It turned out to not be exactly the Intex 1057 movement as in the link I found, but definitely a relative to that. I can't really make up my mind if this is a truly ugly watch or if it has a certain charm :biggrin:. If you look for thin and slim designs, this won't be in your taste, that's for sure. After a thorough clean it all seems to work nicely, even the simple date design switches as it 's supposed to.

The add-on automatic part is a story of its own. Simple but efficient and to my surprise; isn't the operation in many ways similar to Seiko's magic arm...?

The pallet fork design is a new to me in wristwatches and looks like what I have seen in a few pocket watches and I believe is called "English lever", with the pallet jewel arrangement 90 degrees to what I'm used to see.

An interesting experience, which may indicate the quality level ;) was the "extra" hole jewel that suddenly appeared at the bottom of my cleaning jar. I obviously thought a jewel had come loose and I went looking for where it should be. But no...there was simply no jewel missing and I must assume the thing has been sitting in there as a lost item during the assembly...

Here's a few photo's: 1174786389_IMG_0721(Edited).thumb.JPG.df4a963bcd1996077c9ffca763eddfee.JPG806999863_IMG_0724(Edited).thumb.JPG.3c37fb5cf48ba01d8875bb4de16bf220.JPGIMG_0726.thumb.JPG.47c121b4e3ed34bbbf002a3273d2d15a.JPG