I recently reacquired a watch I had swapped off to a friend years ago, a Seiko 7t62-0am0 Asymmetry (I believe was the name). The watch is a quartz movement and is a chronograph. When I initially bought the watch (new) it was worn gently. When I traded off the piece it was to a dear friend who tucked it away in a box and essentially forgot about it until recently. I got the piece back a few weeks ago, had a battery installed at an AD and it worked normally. After arriving home, I put on the watch and it was functioning normally, except it stopped after about 30 or so minutes. I took it off thinking it was a faulty battery or connection, but when I looked at it the next day in the display case it was again working. After repeatedly wearing the watch and removing the watch when it would stop, I have come to believe that my body heat is causing some metal part to expand, thereby making the watch stop. Could this be the case? If so, what exactly is the issue (i.e., which part is the culprit)?
*the photo is a stock photo of this model watch*
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Dr. C. King