Jump to content

Delroyb

Member
  • Content Count

    65
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Delroyb last won the day on October 11

Delroyb had the most liked content!

About Delroyb

  • Rank
    Watch Enthusiast

Recent Profile Visitors

1,958 profile views
  1. Yes, its actually made from four spare floor boards, which are inch pine, tounge and grove. I glued and pinned them, then fitted a 2x2 frame before going at it with the belt sander. Once it was mounte, I used a big compass, scribed the semi circle (using a bit of board tacked to the edge to give my centre), chopped it out with a jigsaw and routed the radius. I've basically been able to fit the whole place out with spare timber that came with the building (which arrived in kit form).
  2. I'm not sure what those boxes are as I definitely only upload three pics.
  3. And yes, I have been known to sit up on the roof!
  4. I think the perspective of the pic makes it look tighter than it really is. Given the layout of the rest of the room, which has my office desk in etc, it seemed like the most logical choice at the time (I even went as far as building a CAD model of the layout first). I also gives a nice deliniation between clean and dirty areas, putting the lathe (small one) as far away from the assembly area as possible. I have 600mm from the centre of the cutout to the wall, so plenty of space for my elbows. Completely agree on the power points, I figured I'd stick as many in as possible. To right about not enough space, I'm already planning the demolition of my prefab concrete garage to build a bigger one which will give me space for a surface grinder and a larger mill. I have a Centec 2A at the moment but would like a larger machine in the future!
  5. Thought I would show off my new workshop. It has taken my the best part of 6 months to construct the building, then fit it all out, but finally have the space I wanted. It's a 6.5x3m building, split in half with office/watch workshop in one half and machine room in the other.
  6. My brother in Law's father made a very impressive meccano clock many years ago, details are here. http://www.walcotefarm.co.uk/Clock/Clock.html
  7. Just popped a couple on my latest Cousins order, looks useful!
  8. Delroyb

    Odd behaviour from a Venus 188

    Thanks Marc, I will continue my investigations via process of elminiation. All good experience!
  9. Delroyb

    Odd behaviour from a Venus 188

    Right, an update on this. Last night and this morning, I did the following. 1: Fulled pallet fork, cleaned and re-oiled stones (with a lot less oil. 2: Stripped the balance and reset the hair spring so the impulse jewel is definitely in the centre of the banking pins. No change at all. Stil beyond erratic. Next stop is a check of the escape wheel, fortunately I have a few spare 188s so will see how we get on there. Thanks for the suggestions all.
  10. Delroyb

    Odd behaviour from a Venus 188

    So, is this too much oil on the pallets?
  11. Just servicing this Venus 188 from a Breitling 1190. Balance was OK but the hair spring shot to bits. I've replaced the hair spring with a spare I had. All appears to be well, but this is the behaviour I'm getting on the timergraph. https://youtu.be/ylBTMAq9RHc What could be causing this. Everything appears to be in order.
  12. Delroyb

    Hunting for EB8420 split stem

    Annoyingly I didn't take a pic of the finished item. But here it is in two halves. I ended up making the stem out of rod scratch,I then hardened it and silver soldered in the section from an ETA split stem. My first attempt was using the orginal stem, but I then realised the smal guide staff on the end was missing, allowing the stem to cock and jam. Hence why I just started from sratch. It worked great in the end. Would be a lot easier if I could have just bought one, though this type of split stem is much better designed than the orignal from EB.
  13. Delroyb

    Hunting for EB8420 split stem

    Hey Fred, I would be interested to see how you get on and if its fits. I ended up having to make my own by combining an ETA split stem mechanism with a 8420 regualr stem. It was a pain, but worked in the end.
  14. I thought that was probably the case, but am very keen not to bugger up the mint bezel. Cheers.
×