An amateur watch fanatic

Rust

Hello 

Thank you for having such a great forum!!

in my spare time I am tinkering with many sorts of watches especially old automatic watches and I am having a  weakness for old omega watches especially from the 60's 

I am not a watchmaker I'm just an amateur but I have been working with this for quite a long time now even though I am  challenged  by the complexity of some movements and set ups but I am learning one step at a time 

Again thank you for having this great forum and letting me participate with the small amount of knowledge I have!

best regards 

• Like 2

Hi Rust, I am pretty new as well. This is a fantastic forum with many knowledgeable people (I am not one of them) who are always happy to give information. Hope you find it as addictive as I do. Best wishes Johnnie

• Like 2

Welcome to this friendly forum. Omega movements are wonderful and so simple to work on, the calendar work is so simple, no stupid little springs that can fly away never to be seen again. There autos are easy to work with, there what I would call plane and easy to work on. If you need any help we are here to help, a good clear photo will help us.

• Like 1

Hello Rust, there are lots of different people with different levels of skill and ability on this forum, and it seems like there's always someone to answer a question, even from beginners.

Love to see some of your work if you get a chance, pictures are great!

Have fun

• Like 1

Hey Rust

Welcome - I've repaired a good many watches over the years but joined recently because I think I can still learn more from others. 

It can be a solitary life- and that makes a man a little bit stuck in his ways and convinced of the correctness of his own methods and views, but I'm always pleased to learn a new 'wrinkle' to do some particular repair.

plus it's nice to share thoughts and ideas ...and frustrations! 

• Like 1

And Hello from me Rust,

We amateurs / tinkerers get fantastic friendship and advice in this forum due to the expertise gained from members with many years in the trade, who unconditionally assist in times of difficulty. Great place and welcome.

Cheers,

Vic