Summer project.

I love mechanical things, not least the watches, clocks and other mechanical hardware. To be able to repair watches have been a wish in a really long time. Unfortunately I have not had a real place to practice and must recognize that doing it in the kitchen just cannot be reconciled with the family.

That is why I am now going to remodel our 70 's garage into a workshop and hobby room for joy for me and the rest of the family. It is anyway too small for a modern car.

The garage is at about 6.8 x 3 m. and there for approx. 20 square meters. The redevelopment will be extensive as i have to make heating and floor heating window and a small kitchenette. I am now almost finished clearing out the garage so that the work can begin. I will put up some pictures every now and then as the project progresses!

• Like 3

try to get a window facing the sun rise.  have fun.  vinn

Unfortunately it is not possible right now. In the first place, I get a window to the West, later perhaps a narrow one facing north! Over time maybe a towards the East!

• 2 weeks later...

No reports from me for a long time but next week my family is leaving for a week and i will be back in business. Lots of plans including finishing a 1972 München pin lever watch (new baalnce turned), servicing some watches (Vostok Komandirskie, Ricoh auto, HMT maybe...), some enameling experiments, making some tools (faceplate for mainplate and case turning) and.... designing my own brand :)

• Like 1

At the weekend i continued to work in the workshop. The load-bearing beams hase been attacked by boring beetles. If they are still active or not is hard to see, so I chose to smear with a means to be sure they are not coming back. 7.5 liters "PROTOX INSEKT" has come on with a brush. I have also created wind screen between the beams so that it does not blow into the insulation when it comes up. Today i started on the electrical installations in the ceiling, among other outlets for powering LED panels!

garage2.jpg

• Like 2