A birth year Bulova

WillFly

I've not been buying watches recently, but couldn't resist this lovely US-made Bulova from 1944 - the year of my birth. It's in a 14k, rose gold-filled case, and has a very nice Grade 8-AH movement inside. It's the usual dimensions for a watch of this period: 41mm lug to lug, and 21mm wide. Small by today's standards, but that doesn't bother me - I wear any size.

This was an eBay purchase. The seller has a beautiful collection of mainly vintage Bulova watches. If I had more money, I'd have bought one or two more. I won't give details publicly as the site policy is not to promote watch sales or sellers, but if anyone is really interested in looking at his vintage Bulova watches, PM me.

Bulova 8-AH face.jpg

Bulova 8-AH movement.jpg

• Like 2

Lovely antique watch Will ;). Always like a Sub Second dial.

I have always liked the Bulova watches and have a few working mechanicals I bought when in the USA on my to do list if I ever get round to doing them.  Seems like being retired is more busy than being at work!

All the bets,

Vic

Beautiful watch. I have always enjoyed BULOVA watches, collecting and repairing them. I have probably 50 in my collection and hundreds of parts movements and thousands of individual parts. A BULOVA accutron was the first watch I ever purchased myself at 10 years old, and I also have both my grandfathers watches that are BULOVAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk