Bergeon 30180A oil pots and its clone

Tmuir

Tomorrow I'm looking at placing an order with Cousins for a number of tools.

Does anyone have the 'Swiss style' 4 pot oiler stand which looks nearly identical to the Bergeon 30180A

I think I already know the answer to this question but is the Bergeon one really worth an extra £50?

I don't mind paying for quality, but don't want to pay for just a name, does anyone own the cheaper Swiss style 4 pot oiler and can confirm its of reasonably quality?

Tomorrow I'm looking at placing an order with Cousins for a number of tools.

Does anyone have the 'Swiss style' 4 pot oiler stand which looks nearly identical to the Bergeon 30180A

I think I already know the answer to this question but is the Bergeon one really worth an extra £50?

I don't mind paying for quality, but don't want to pay for just a name, does anyone own the cheaper Swiss style 4 pot oiler and can confirm its of reasonably quality?

Don't bother There's no difference. I'm a qualified Horologist and use the cheaper one in my day to day work. It is more than adequate. The only thing I would splash out on are screwdrivers, tweezers and a decent overhead light and watch holder and mat.

Bergeon are the best for screwdrivers,Dumont tweezers

You really get what you pay for

Having the right tools make the jobs so much easier and are more efficient and ultimately pay for themselves time and time again Remember 90% of watches issues eminate from the escapement

Happy

watchmaking[emoji37]!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi

I use the Swiss style, bought from CousinsUK and I am very pleased with it.

It was delivered looking slightly different to the pictures on the cousins website, but does the job just as well.

the cups are very hard which is definitely an advantage over plastic.

the cups are fixed with double sided tape on the stand, so once you remove the cups it is best to replace the tape so the cups are fixed properly (i use dial adhesive spots)

Picture if that helps...

Photo%2015-05-2017,%2022%2016%2018.jpg?d

• Like 2

Thanks everyone, the clone one it is which means I have £50 to spend on other tools.

I have a good quality Horotec set of screwdrivers, and my tweezers are a split between Dumont and a good quality Swiss brand.

My screwdrivers are new, but my tweezers are all my Grandfathers.

I could do with a second set of Dumont 6 tweezers, but Cousins lists them as obsolete, so if anyone knows a place that still has them in stock let me know.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.