Internet Service Providers

I’m with plusnet and I notice on their site they say they are increasing prices, I already pay around £38 a month for line rental, unlimited down load up to 7mb and free calls over the week end. I’m contracted with them for 1 more year, so I thought. I phoned them yesterday and after waiting for 15 minutes I finely spoke to a chap and asked him what he could do to help me out. To my surprise he said because they (plusnet) had broken their contract I could leave at any time without paying a leaving fee. They also said there was nothing they could do to lower my price. Having a look on uswitch I could see John Lewis could provide me with a slightly better package which included free phone calls 7 days a week, this package included no connection charge, free help calls, free router, free virus software for the first year, all this for £25 per mouth. The only drawback is I got to have a new email address.  By the end of the month I will be with John Lewis and saving money.    

You really do have to do a lot of research to get the best deal. I suggest to go to the Martin Lewis web site I think it is called money expert. I am sure I see a article on his site regarding the best providers.  I am with Virgin because I am lucky as I have fibre optic cable in my road which gives incredible internet speed. With Virgin I pay £97 per month for TV, telephone & internet. With Virgin if you call another Virgin telephone it is free. I did look at Sky and BT but after the introduction offers they both were more expensive.