Been a follower, now a Member :-)

Quick intro to all the members:  

I've been involved with Watches since 2009.  I have been lucky enough to learn repair techniques from a few 
established watchmakers, with years of experience.   I'm grateful for their assistance and knowledge. 
We are losing too many (and too quickly) the old Watchmakers.  I'm lucky to have been a recipient from a couple of them.

I worked as a EE engineer in the corp world for almost 30 years.  So I'm coming to the Watch repair world a bit late, but I still have my eyes 
and steady hands, so I'll do this as long as I can (and love it).  
This Channel (and others like it on YouTube) are a God send for the younger ones (and us old guys).
I'm learning so much from watching these video's.  THANKS!
(not beating my own drum, but recently disassembled an ETA 2894-2 Longines (chronometer module included), cleaned it, installed a new mainspring and reassembled.
It's working fine and timed great.  It was a bit scary (never having working on this movement before), but without the aid of the video's and watchmakers
willing to post, I could not have achieved this. THANKS!)

As some of the old masters say....

"the More I learn.. the more I realize, I haven't learned enough"

so true.  Keep the video's and insights coming. :-) 

Cheers

Welcome to this friendly forum with lots of knowledge to pass on & share. Your quote "the More I learn.. the more I realize, I haven't learned enough" is so true with horology. That's what keeps me and many hooked. 

Enjoy the forum 

• 2 weeks later...