How to remove stem from this movement?

I want to clean some dust on the crystal and couldnt figure how to remove the stem... the little hole to the left of  crown when looking up,  feels like a release button when crown is on winding position, when pulled to time setting position it doesnt feel springy anymore... anyone can help me here? Is that the right release button?

its an old yashica king diver..

thank you

IMG_3727.JPG

IMG_3728.JPG

IMG_3731.JPG

IMG_3732.JPG

IMG_3717.JPG

IMG_3718.JPG

That's a Ronda 1221. Are the other crowns cosmetic? I don't see the stems for those. In any case, there isn't much "springiness" to the release for these. Push here....might need extra pressure.

Slide1.jpg.5f0e85aa0b8faee5332eb87e18a29272.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you very much! I wasnt pressing hard enough in fear of messing the keyless! But now i pressed it like there is no tomorrow lol.... managed to get it out and clean the crystal amd blow the specks... now its shining...

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• An update, for everyone who contributed advice, and for those who come after with a similar problem. Based on the answers received, I decided to work on the face of the hammer first. I used a square degussit stone to guarantee a vertical surface to work against, and ground the face back until it was square across 90% of the depth. I was conscious of the risk of removing too much material.* After I'd got the shape how I wanted it, I polished the surface with lapping film. To cut a long story short, it did the trick and the hammer hasn't slipped off the cam since. Of course, that wasn't the end of my problems. Have a look at this video and tell me what you think is wrong. https://youtu.be/sgAUMIPaw98 I solved it by rotating the minute counter finger on the chronograph (seconds) runner relative to the cam.  I'd be interested to hear your opinions on that. It seemed to be the right thing to do, but maybe I've introduced another problem I'm not aware of. * What is the correct relationship between the two hammers and cams, by the way? Should both hammers strike the cams exactly at the same time, or is it correct for the minute counter hammer to be a bit behind the seconds hammer? In this picture, I removed the adjusting screw at 1, and the hammers are contacting the cams simultaneously at 3 and 4. I had to turn the screw down tight to achieve this condition after stoning the seconds hammer and replacing the bridge.
    • It was easy enough to pop off. Once I had the cannon pinion hanging on the blades of the stump, I got my #2 tweezers on the gear attached to the staff and levered it down. That way none of the force was on the brass wheel itself.   I reinstalled it and the bridge, and it looks like a small but reasonable amount of end shake. It also spins easily with a blower. It stops quickly, but I think that's due to the large shoulder and about what I'd expect from this wheel.  
    • Oh, right. For some reason I was picturing a monocoque case in my head. Good looking watch!
    • Well said Ross. My reason for the thread, i like many of us dont want to lose the forum, such a well knitted group of individuals i feel. But things can happen out of anyone's control. Would be nice to have something in place just in case, if anyone has any ideas please speak up. 
    • Ok thanks Ross, I will give that a try!😁